FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By andrew
Starbucks... names...

Would you give yours or make it up?

If you have no idea what I am on about - most of those out of the UK wont know - Starbucks has started asking its customers their first name when ordering coffee, so they can write it on the cup. Apparently it stops orders getting mixed up. US chains have been doing it for years apparently. Anyway, bit of a backlash apparently with us Brits finding it too 'impersonal' or too 'American'

I'm not really a coffee drinker so I'll likely only be affected by this a couple of times a year if I'm in with a friend, but nope I wouldn't give them a name whether real or made up. How about they just do their bloody job and make sure you get what you ask for! If they constantly have mix-ups that's a flaw in their serving system that they should try to fix rather than putting people in an awkward and frankly inappropriate position with this nonsense.

^Gotta agree there! :clap:

In the report I read earlier on this, it mentioned that this is basically American service being taken over to British outlets. I think in the US this over-friendly culture has been around for years and is the acepted norm. I remember when the Asda was bought by Walmart, the store closest to me had an "instore greeter". Some old chap who stood at the entrance all day welcoming people to the store - now they just have the security gaurds!
By synsei
Thumbs up for the best comment posted on the BBC News website:

209. kit

14TH MARCH 2012 - 13:12

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius; father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife; and I will have my skinny latte with an extra shot, in this life or the next!

:hehe::hehe::hehe:
By geetface9
Thumbs up for the best comment posted on the BBC News website:

209. kit

14TH MARCH 2012 - 13:12

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius; father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife; and I will have my skinny latte with an extra shot, in this life or the next!

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I will do that in a heartbeat if I ever enter a starbucks during my lifetime.
By madbrad
Holy crap I have not laid eyes on Dirk in decades!
By Blackavar
Argh!

I'm refusing to find out the results of qualifying until I see the BBC highlights. But the Everton match is on at the same time! Damn it. Going to have to record the qualifying and watch it at 3pm or so... Growl, snarl.
By LRW
Argh!

I'm refusing to find out the results of qualifying until I see the BBC highlights. But the Everton match is on at the same time! Damn it. Going to have to record the qualifying and watch it at 3pm or so... Growl, snarl.

And you even have balls to come to this site. Very brave man. If I were an star, I could just post the top 10 quali here now.......

;op
By Blackavar
Argh!

And you even have balls to come to this site. Very brave man. If I were an star, I could just post the top 10 quali here now.......

;op

Haha, I'm sticking to the safe(r) areas. Just came on to vent frustration and to enquire in the "Watching without TV" thread.
By synsei
I've just made a mental note not to read MOA's blog until after race weekend. He's posted the quali results... :doh:
I've just made a mental note not to read MOA's blog until after race weekend. He's posted the quali results... :doh:

I knew the results before I watched the BBC highlights. I turned the TV on at midday as usual to catch the news headlines. What a frigging stupid IDIOT I am :banghead:

I knew the results before I watched the BBC highlights. I turned the TV on at midday as usual to catch the news headlines. What a frigging stupid IDIOT I am :banghead:

Sigh :yes:
:hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!