FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Apparently Kimi is super cool.
ESPNF1 New Ferrari team principal Marco Mattiacci has called Kimi Raikkonen a "super-cool guy" and says he is enjoying working with his driver.

Mattiacci joined the team at the Chinese Grand Prix after Stefano Domenicali's resigned and has now worked at three race weekends. Raikkonen is known as a man of little words in the media, but behind closed doors Mattiacci says it has been a pleasure working with the Finn.

"I have worked before in Finland for several months and I know quite well Finnish people," he said. "Kimi is someone that is Finnish but grew up internationally because of Formula One's travel. He is a super-cool guy and I like him very much. He always has open and very frank discussions and he is professional. He is a great person to work with."

Mattiacci said he has been able to communicate clearly and effectively with Raikkonen.

"We are all different so sometimes we need to tune the level of communication and the way we talk to people in order to be in the same frequency. I don't find any issue in dealing with Kimi, it's the opposite and I have no problem."

And Fernando is uncool and hangs out with the nerdy kids. Probably should read article first :hehe:
Apparently Kimi is super cool.
ESPNF1 New Ferrari team principal Marco Mattiacci has called Kimi Raikkonen a "super-cool guy" and says he is enjoying working with his driver.

Mattiacci joined the team at the Chinese Grand Prix after Stefano Domenicali's resigned and has now worked at three race weekends. Raikkonen is known as a man of little words in the media, but behind closed doors Mattiacci says it has been a pleasure working with the Finn.

"I have worked before in Finland for several months and I know quite well Finnish people," he said. "Kimi is someone that is Finnish but grew up internationally because of Formula One's travel. He is a super-cool guy and I like him very much. He always has open and very frank discussions and he is professional. He is a great person to work with."

Mattiacci said he has been able to communicate clearly and effectively with Raikkonen.

"We are all different so sometimes we need to tune the level of communication and the way we talk to people in order to be in the same frequency. I don't find any issue in dealing with Kimi, it's the opposite and I have no problem."

And Fernando is uncool and hangs out with the nerdy kids. Probably should read article first :hehe:

That is what I was thinking whilst I was reading it.

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58
 wrote:">Raikkonen: My 200th grand prix, which shows how time flies

Kimi Raikkonen made his grand prix debut in Australia back in 2001. This weekend in Canada he will be making his 200th start and intends to be racing flat out, not simply making up the numbers.

Speaking ahead of the Montreal weekend Raikkonen said, “I’ve been told this weekend’s Canadian GP will be my 200th grand prix, which shows how time flies.”

“I’ll still be racing flat out and the numbers don’t really change anything, but I’m sure it’s a milestone that I will look back on with pride in years to come.”

Hitting the big 200 puts Raikkonen 14th in the all-time table, which is headed by Rubens Barrichello on 323 Formula 1 race starts.

The 35 year old Finn took a two year sabbatical in 2010 and 2011, returning with Lotus in 2010 before moving this year to Ferrari with whom he won the world title in 2007.

Raikkonen won the Canadian Grand Prix back in 2005 for McLaren, but since then the venue on Ile de Notre Dame has not been a happy hunting ground. He is hoping to change that fact this weekend.

“Apart from this being my 200th race, I’m not here just to make up the numbers and getting a good result in Montreal would give us a better reason to celebrate. The Canadian race is one of the most challenging of the season and a track where you have to get everything just right in terms of the car set-up.”

“We have some upgrades for this weekend, but of course the other teams have not been standing still, so the order should not have changed much.”

“Hopefully we can close the gap a bit and get the best result of the season so far for my 200th race, which would be great for the whole team,” added Raikkonen who has 20 grand prix wins on his CV. (GP247)
There's a lot of comment on twitter about Kimi's response to fans yesterday. I'm presuming Goodwood festival of speed. I know this is the support thread so I'll just leave this tweet for people to take a look at....and the responses underneath the tweet too. I thinks it's a little more than disappointing when fans go out of their way to support you.

https://twitter.com/silverarrowsham/sta ... 5973135360

The girl who initially posted the tweet is sort of a froend( through twitter) and she's always very fair with her comments. She's the girl who hot invited to the Mercedes garage to see the new car before it was launched.
It says that he did do some signings somewhere else.

For all thous that have been to Goodwood, It always amazed me the amount of drivers that just did not wave or anything, as it is supposed to be a light hearted event.
I am surprised no one says Kimi has a psychological weakness especially as we have seen this throughout his career

Surely he could at least acknowledge his fans no matter how bad his season is or how much he needs a drink or doesn't want to be at Goodwood
I remember scotty once saying that Eddie Irvine was a bit of a jerk at Goodwood once too.

As for Kimi Raikkonen, well, you just expect it, his attitude sucks and his arrogance is overwhelming.
Maybe after... he took a sheet. I hate it when through social media molehills are made into mountains.

See our F1 related articles too!