FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I think Kimi will be much better when he get the feel of this car. Look at how he was with Lotus until he got the steering to how he likes it.

So you're saying that Kimi is similar to JB (who hardly anyone rates on this forum), when everything is to his liking, he is one of the best out there?
I wish we all lived in a world where everything is to our liking. :cloud9:

We can make excuses all we want for drivers that have a tight operating window, it's no different than the broken clock that's right twice a day. A good driver will beat his team mate in equal machinery whether or not he had input into it. Raikkonen was outscored the second half of last year in a machine that he did have input into and that he had gotten that difficult to dial in steering feel right. Sometimes you just have to out drive a teammate. Alonso handily defeated Massa when he moved into Ferrari in a machine he had zero input into, Hamilton defeated Rosberg in a machine he had zero input into, the list can go on and on.

I feel that Raikkonen is certainly in the top five of the grid when things are to his liking, where the similarity between him and button can be drawn is that they're both very good pace drivers.
The thing is that I think that when these drivers with "a tight operating window" have what they need they will be faster than a broad spectrum driver. (WB think band pass filters) however the trouble is that a car will never be 100% to the liking of a driver over a season.

As for the end of last year, I am sure Kimi would of done better if he was paid as that would of been affecting the work/team ethic

Sent using NCC-1701
As for the end of last year, I am sure Kimi would of done better if he was paid as that would of been affecting the work/team ethic

I know for sure that Grosjean and Hulkenberg didn't get paid either.
I heard that the GPD where talking about striking.

Kimi is in a different part of his career compared to Gros and Hulk though. Plus he knew he was moving to Ferrari so could afford to upset the apple cart.
I find the Kimster an interesting racer. Just when you think he's not jelling with the equipment he has, BANG! He finds something and by the next race, he's hassling you. Lest we forget, Kimi is in his first year (returning) in this new atmosphere. (New as in very different from his last haunt.) Most drivers do need a nesting period before they're up to the task…more so with an organization in disruption like Ferrari. Should he show very little for the rest of this term, I suspect (insert: hope, anticipate, expect) 2015 to be a good year for him. I love seeing Kimi in the mix of things. :)
By sagi58
I can see what you are saying - but I would of thought Kimi would need less - because its not as if its a NEW team for him.....?

Well... it is... kinda, sorta... The Ferrari team he was on before has changed, as we all know!
I can see what you are saying - but I would of thought Kimi would need less - because its not as if its a NEW team for him.....?

Well... it is... kinda, sorta... The Ferrari team he was on before has changed, as we all know!

Correct, Sagi. LRW, that was the inference I was making. On paper, Kimi has been there before but Ferrari is a very different pony this time around. Coming off bad car after bad car, their less publicized two #2 driver strategy with him (Kimi) on board, and the almost desperate yearning for old times when they were winning the odd race, dear I say a Championship. If it weren't for the color of the car, we almost can't recognize them now. It is a very different team from Kimi's scarlet Championship. I think it may be the one thing that gives him hope…or at least when he decided to switch to them…level playing field, starting from scratch, et al. So far his 2014 bet has gone sideways but it's still early days. If they find some pace, it may very well be in a place that benefits the Kimster, putting him back in the race (pardon the incredulous pun). If their improved pace only suits Alonso, Kimi's legacy will be destroyed by the end of season 2015. His F1 career really depends on the second half of this year. It is desperate.

Correct, Sagi. LRW, that was the inference I was making. On paper, Kimi has been there before but Ferrari is a very different pony this time around. Coming off bad car after bad car, their less publicized two #2 driver strategy with him (Kimi) on board, and the almost desperate yearning for old times when they were winning the odd race, dear I say a Championship. If it weren't for the color of the car, we almost can't recognize them now. It is a very different team from Kimi's scarlet Championship. I think it may be the one thing that gives him hope…or at least when he decided to switch to them…level playing field, starting from scratch, et al. So far his 2014 bet has gone sideways but it's still early days. If they find some pace, it may very well be in a place that benefits the Kimster, putting him back in the race (pardon the incredulous pun). If their improved pace only suits Alonso, Kimi's legacy will be destroyed by the end of season 2015. His F1 career really depends on the second half of this year. It is desperate.

:yes: good sum up.
ESPNF1 "It was a difficult weekend but at least I got three points. It is not what I want, but overall for the team it was a better weekend and it gives some good feeling to everyone because we have been working hard to improve things. We have not done as much as we want but Fernando's podium is good for us as a team."

New t-shirt design :hehe:
Apparently Kimi is super cool.
ESPNF1 New Ferrari team principal Marco Mattiacci has called Kimi Raikkonen a "super-cool guy" and says he is enjoying working with his driver.

Mattiacci joined the team at the Chinese Grand Prix after Stefano Domenicali's resigned and has now worked at three race weekends. Raikkonen is known as a man of little words in the media, but behind closed doors Mattiacci says it has been a pleasure working with the Finn.

"I have worked before in Finland for several months and I know quite well Finnish people," he said. "Kimi is someone that is Finnish but grew up internationally because of Formula One's travel. He is a super-cool guy and I like him very much. He always has open and very frank discussions and he is professional. He is a great person to work with."

Mattiacci said he has been able to communicate clearly and effectively with Raikkonen.

"We are all different so sometimes we need to tune the level of communication and the way we talk to people in order to be in the same frequency. I don't find any issue in dealing with Kimi, it's the opposite and I have no problem."

See our F1 related articles too!