FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
We all know Button doesn't like to make long term commitments to any team. He has different plans all the time... I'm sure most of us remember the whole Button-gate debacle in 2004 with BAR and Williams? :rolleyes:
Certainly do. And again...he has every right to look out for himself. Just as lewis has the right to go in the red Bull place. No difference. Actually I dont really think Lewis wants to move, it was more of a girly moment. Jenson I imagine plays his hand closer to his chest.
By scotty
We all know Button doesn't like to make long term commitments to any team. He has different plans all the time... I'm sure most of us remember the whole Button-gate debacle in 2004 with BAR and Williams? :rolleyes:

Difference is he's potentially not under contract now... and to be fair he did end up staying at that team for 5 extra years, despite the Honda 'death phase' of '07-'08.

Difference is he's potentially not under contract now... and to be fair he did end up staying at that team for 5 extra years, despite the Honda 'death phase' of '07-'08.

Yes. It was frustrating to watch, Jenson at BAR / Honda. They constantly banged on about success being around the corner and always disappointed in a massive way. I don't miss that team (as it was then).
Rosberg at McLaren eh? As long as he gets equal equipment I'll look forward to that. Rosberg is vastly under-rated. That would make a gap at Merc for Paul di Resta. However, I can't see there being any truth behind Button going to Ferrari. Ferrari like a clear 1-2 structure and Alonso would have No. 1 status there and after Button's comments on getting equal treatment, either that or the rumours are true and he's following the money.

Well Hamilton isnt Vettel, Alonso or Schumacher, as such he can beat his teammates without his teams help so i wouldnt worry about rosberg being shafted. Not least ut because Hamilton would beat him soundly. Not massively, but soundly imo.
Rosberg at McLaren eh? As long as he gets equal equipment I'll look forward to that. Rosberg is vastly under-rated. That would make a gap at Merc for Paul di Resta. However, I can't see there being any truth behind Button going to Ferrari. Ferrari like a clear 1-2 structure and Alonso would have No. 1 status there and after Button's comments on getting equal treatment, either that or the rumours are true and he's following the money.

Well Hamilton isnt Vettel, Alonso or Schumacher, as such he can beat his teammates without his teams help so i wouldnt worry about rosberg being shafted. Not least ut because Hamilton would beat him soundly. Not massively, but soundly imo.

I'd bet it'd be 50/50; I never rated Rosberg until he joined Mercedes, I always thought he was a rubensesque whiner, always blaming the car or someone else, but he proved me wrong!

Yes, one of the reasons I never liked Button. Frank Williams openly critisized his integrity on that one.

Anyway Rosberg to McLaren will be great!! I'd love to have 2 drivers to cheer for again in McLaren. :hehe:
I'm yet to form an opinion on it because it's too far away! Besides, the world is going to end in 2012, didn't you know? :wavey:

Nah, the Mayan's got the date wrong, they forgot to carry the 'one' ;)

I'd bet it'd be 50/50; I never rated Rosberg until he joined Mercedes, I always thought he was a rubensesque whiner, always blaming the car or someone else, but he proved me wrong!

It might well be if you think Rosbergs that good i guess, i dont think so, i think hed qualify whereabouts Button does, make it up in the race the same way.
If Button does go to ferrari, will he take Whitmarsh with him? :twisted:
But Martin will be heartbroken! he may become unstable and do silly things.
But Martin will be heartbroken! he may become unstable and do silly things.

Plenty of silly things to do when Hamilton is out on track. Like his awesome strategy calls this year. :D

See our F1 related articles too!