FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By bud
You could have this argument all the way down to Karting. Who ever has the most money best sponsorship makes it in Motorsport, not always the best talent.

Yes, but this shouldn't even be an issue at the highest echelons of motorsport!

Unfortunately F1 is all about the development race which requires money and lots of it so this is bound to happen even more so than some lower series.
By racechick
in 75 Williams had 10 Drivers

Wow!! What was going on there!!!
By Jabberwocky
in 75 Williams had 10 Drivers

Wow!! What was going on there!!!

Merzario (spl) left the teams and Williams could only get pay drivers for the rest of the season who could only afford 1 or 2 outings from memory.
By Jabberwocky
Merzario and Laffite stayed on for the start of the 1975 season. For the Spanish Grand Prix, promising British youngster Tony Brise substituted for Laffite, finishing just outside the points in seventh, while Merzario gave a race debut to the new FW04. By this time, however, the team's money problems had become serious,[3] and Merzario left following the Belgian Grand Prix, his place taken for the rest of the season by six different paying drivers - South Africa's Ian Scheckter in Sweden and Holland, local François Migault in France, Ian Ashley in Germany (who broke both his ankles during qualifying and thus did not start), Switzerland's Jo Vonlanthen in Austria, Renzo Zorzi in Italy and finally female driver Lella Lombardi in the United States. Northern Ireland's Damien Magee, meanwhile, substituted for Laffite in Sweden.
By racechick
What a strange season. Not a lot of continuity there then!!
By Jabberwocky
Looking at it they seemed to do the same thing in 73 but only managed 9 drivers in the year.
By spankyham
Anybody know (or could find out) what the highest number of drivers in a team in a single season has been, ever, historically?
Just curious...

A guess, but Scuderia Centro Sud would be right up there I'd guess (perhaps leaving aside the Indy race) A quick look up gives them 10 driver in '58
By spankyham
Oh my, Rubens, what have things come to :)

[youtube]J7GbBc6dyiQ[/youtube]
By andrew
I thought this little corner of the interweb would stay free of the latest load of nonsence fad. Seemingly not! :rolleyes:

Well look on the bright side, he's not been gurning about Ferrari and his inability to realise that driver 1A and 1B is just another way of saying number 1 and number 2 drivers recently. :hehe:
By scotty
Well look on the bright side, he's not been gurning about Ferrari and his inability to realise that driver 1A and 1B is just another way of saying number 1 and number 2 drivers recently. :hehe:

Unlike you who always gurns about that whenever Barrichello is mentioned! :hehe:
By andrew

Unlike you who always gurns about that whenever Barrichello is mentioned! :hehe:

I will not let it rest until he gets it! :whip::hehe:
By LRW

Hate to break it to you Andrew, but I don't think Barrichello reads this forum......
By What's Burning?

Hate to break it to you Andrew, but I don't think Barrichello reads this forum......

He does, but he's put Andew on the ignore list.
By LRW

He does, but he's put Andew on the ignore list.

:rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!