FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

DID Y'ALL NOTICE THE RED HELMET VETTEL IS WEARING

Yes, I thought twice about it. No coincidence there I'm sure.

They said on sky that his helmet changed between yesterday and today

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Must have had one in his locker just in case. :P

Must have had one in his locker just in case. :P

The helmet painter could of told someone

...I really cannot see myself being a Tifosi. I don't have that blinding passion for my team that sagi, spankyham and AKR have. However if I do become Tifosi - I hope you guys welcome me with open arms...

Speaking for myself, I'm not blind to Ferrari's faults. However, I will defend them.
I can appreciate constructive criticism; but, I don't do well with gratuitous pot shots.

By the way, you are always welcome to become a Ferrari fan, even if you only come
on board because of Vettel!
"I'm not leaving because I don't like the team or individuals. I'm not running away from anything.
"The voice inside, the hunger to do something new, was bigger."

So if redbull had handed you another WDC you'd still be moving on? Yeah of course.

Running away I call it.

I really wish MNm and Andrew were here.

Vettel has always been saying that he plans to retire early and wants to do something different. He has also been very vocal about wanting to join Ferrari. Do you seriously think that Vettel went running to Ferrari saying "get me out of here" and they sew like cool - let's get rid of Alonso and hire this guy?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you guys are giving Vettel far too much credit...

Seriously, I think Vettel's good but not that good to have Ferrari drop everything and sign him. As Alonso has said, HE's the one pulling the strings here. Vettel is only moving because Alonso wants out. If Ferrari came knocking on your door wanting to sign you I'm sure you'd jump.

Vettel's proved everything he has to at Red Bull. I'm sure he'd have loved to stay at Red Bull for another year. This is like Hamilton and McLaren. Would you take a decision to leave a team that has supported you since your childhood lightly? I think not!
"I'm not leaving because I don't like the team or individuals. I'm not running away from anything.
"The voice inside, the hunger to do something new, was bigger."

So if redbull had handed you another WDC you'd still be moving on? Yeah of course.

Running away I call it.

I really wish MNm and Andrew were here.

Vettel has always been saying that he plans to retire early and wants to do something different. He has also been very vocal about wanting to join Ferrari. Do you seriously think that Vettel went running to Ferrari saying "get me out of here" and they sew like cool - let's get rid of Alonso and hire this guy?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you guys are giving Vettel far too much credit...

Seriously, I think Vettel's good but not that good to have Ferrari drop everything and sign him. As Alonso has said, HE's the one pulling the strings here. Vettel is only moving because Alonso wants out. If Ferrari came knocking on your door wanting to sign you I'm sure you'd jump.

Vettel's proved everything he has to at Red Bull. I'm sure he'd have loved to stay at Red Bull for another year. This is like Hamilton and McLaren. Would you take a decision to leave a team that has supported you since your childhood lightly? I think not!

Ferrari don't drop everything, just FA.
Looking at your new sig:

Facing an identity crisis for 2015. Who am I? Am I going to become a Tifosi? Stay tuned for the new Big Azza in 2015....

I recommend a binge watching session of 'United States of Tara' with Toni Collette :wink:
Dollars to donuts Alonso was the one doing the breaking up. The reality is that this weekend was the formality. The intentions were made weeks ago. The rumored clause in Alonso's contract is probably legit and he had heard nothing of good news for the 2015 and perhaps even the 2016 season. Gambling on McLaren was a can't lose situation for him as he was already in a losing position with Ferrari.

There are only two facts in this transfer. 1) that Vettel has shown one of the worst defenses of a championship in F1 history. Mnm, help me out here. 2) Vettel is not the driver his fans and the ogling media made him out to be.

Only my opinion here but of late, Ferrari doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to making decisions about their drivers.

Has he proved everything at Red Bull? He's proved what many of us have been saying, that he had to have a double diffusered rear to perform, and without it he isn't anything special.

I don't think it is the same as the decision Lewis had to make. Lewis was leaving a class car, the best of the field in Hamilton's hands at the end if 2012, for a promise...........which as it happened worked out just fine. But I think the reasoning behind Vettel and Hamilton's move will have been very different.
Dollars to donuts Alonso was the one doing the breaking up. The reality is that this weekend was the formality. The intentions were made weeks ago. The rumored clause in Alonso's contract is probably legit and he had heard nothing of good news for the 2015 and perhaps even the 2016 season. Gambling on McLaren was a can't lose situation for him as he was already in a losing position with Ferrari.

There are only two facts in this transfer. 1) that Vettel has shown one of the worst defenses of a championship in F1 history. Mnm, help me out here. 2) Vettel is not the driver his fans and the ogling media made him out to be.

Only my opinion here but of late, Ferrari doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to making decisions about their drivers.

I remember this topic brought up recently to be soundly derided by the Ferrari fan(s) on here. RBR with their fast rise to success have a proven youth system that bore Seb and Ricc and Kyvat. McLaren introducing Lewis was thier stand out achievement over the last decade. MM outlined an effective academy as a main objective, yet they continue to make the same decisions like groundhog day yet expecting different results. apart from MS and Lewis when a top team breaks the bank for an expensive driver they have subsequently discovered that the expensive driver was available for a good reason - otherwise he would have stayed where he could win things. Button took the cheque and delivered nothing for BAR and McLaren, Alonso did the same for Ferrari, Kimi is doing the same for Ferrari and Seb is statistically more likely to do the same than do a MS or Lewis

I really thought MM/Sergio were gonna break from the groundhog routine

See our F1 related articles too!