FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
I must say, so far Seb is impressing me with his attitude. Still early days, still testing and the season is a long one, but he could prove himself as a great this season even if the car is terrible just by his attitude and and whatever result he can extract

They've... come... to... take... me... away... Image

lets try remember to stay focussed on F1 itself and not other members, aye?
Try this thread for instructions

Last edited by sagi58 on 21 Feb 14, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
By madbrad
VETTEL DEAD

....against double points :hehe:

Sebastian Vettel says he is completely against the plan for double points at the final race, even if Red Bull gets the season off to a slow start.

The final race in Abu Dhabi will pay out double points in a bid to keep the championship alive for longer, with Bernie Ecclestone keen to expand the rule to the final three races. Red Bull has made a slow start to testing trying to diagnose and fix a number of problems on its new car, but Vettel said he is not keen on the idea, regardless of how bad his start to the season is.

"No matter which way, I'm not a fan of the double points because I don't understand the reason for it," he said. "I hope that up to that point we've had a lot of good races."

He also thinks it is far too early to tell whether Red Bull will be struggling at the opening races.

"It's February, yes the season starts in four weeks, but that's not fair and a bit too harsh. Obviously it's not the start we were hoping for, but there's a long way to go.

"I don't see any reason to panic. In a way it's a surprise, but in a way it's not. We knew that it's a massive challenge with a lot of work ahead of us, but we didn't expect to have that many problems right at the beginning. It is what it is and I know that everybody is 100% for working flat out and finding solutions as quickly as we can."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport ... zjTePvm.99
Is Vettel struggling without his planted rear end? I just saw this tweet.

@danielt_johnson: Surely Vettel did not lock 4 wheels and spin of his own accord - rarely happens at turn 1, and especially to a driver of his quality.
Well Vettel quickly adapted to the blown diffuser, when you lose the back end planting your foot down to get more grip must feel very alien but he mastered it well. So I reckon one of two things could happen.

1) Vettel again adapts very well to the driving style of the new cars

2) He struggles to get out of the old mindset.

Many people were saying they want to see Vettel race in a non dominant car, but if RBRs pre season is anything to go by they won't be finishing any races, let alone winning. Could this be Vettels last year at Red Bull?
Well Vettel quickly adapted to the blown diffuser, when you lose the back end planting your foot down to get more grip must feel very alien but he mastered it well. So I reckon one of two things could happen.

1) Vettel again adapts very well to the driving style of the new cars

2) He struggles to get out of the old mindset.

Actually, when the rules were changed and RBR lost the advantage of the blwon rear diffuser, Seb did not adapt quickly to the car. That was the period when he was matched by Webber until Newey found ways of compensating for the loss of rear on throttle DF
I bet Mark Webber is cracking up on a beach in Australia at Red Bulls misery. He was obviously lying when he said the rules will suit vettel
Lol

[youtube]PcFBqirDrMM[/youtube]
NEWS!!!

VETTEL HAS NAMED ITS CAR SUZIE!!! BUT HE WILL BE TALKING TO SUZIE PERRY MORE THAT DRIVING IT.
SKANK SUZIE (always needing lots of attention in the garage aka orgy of mechanics surrounding her)
Just spotted this on twitter. :hehe:

@byronf1: Quote of the day after Vettel slides off at 140mph. "You put two wheels on the grass" radioed the team. "I noticed," says Vettel.
Just spotted this on twitter. :hehe:

@byronf1: Quote of the day after Vettel slides off at 140mph. "You put two wheels on the grass" radioed the team. "I noticed," says Vettel.

:rofl: Vettel can be funny as, sometimes.

See our F1 related articles too!