FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

"Tail between legs".

And so the short and sweet legacy of Vettel has evaporated in just less than a season......beaten pants down by the new kid and runs away to pastures anew.

Farewell Vettel. Look forward to wishing you the very worst from now on (nothing personal, just who you drive for) :D
I'm totally surprised with the Vettel move, thought he would stay on for another year at RB. Personally I wanted Vettel to stay at Red Bull and see how he compare to Ricciardo for another year and see if he really can up his game or just be the man that needs the Newey blown diffuser behind him. Now will not know exactly without another Vettel v Ricciardo at RB next year.

Although if Seb did go round again for Red Bull and gets beaten by Danny again then it would lower his reputation further, then other top teams would lose interest him signing him up and look elsewhere so maybe its a smart move. So now he will go to Ferrari along side a lacklustre Kimi. You would think Seb would have Kimi covered easily. But I sure hope that Kimi can up his game next year.
"I'm not leaving because I don't like the team or individuals. I'm not running away from anything.
"The voice inside, the hunger to do something new, was bigger."
"I'm not leaving because I don't like the team or individuals. I'm not running away from anything.

So if redbull had handed you another WDC you'd still be moving on? Yeah of course.

Running away I call it.

I really wish MNm and Andrew were here.
What a difference a year makes. Last year Seb was living the dream and could not put a foot wrong. This year he has been chased out of his own team by a comparative rookie.

Saying that i think he will do will at Ferrari, they both do well in the 1 driver team environment.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Its obvious that he's moving to runaway. Had he been competing for a fifth championship this year and kicking Ricciardo's butt, he'd be staying for next year, no questions asked. I'm not sure what he'll achieve at Ferrari apart from beating Kimi but like said, running away
:hehe: yes, there is a certain attraction to that!
I'm with you there Liam! They should have taken Bianchi for this year instead of Kimi, they weren't brave enough, and this is one area that Red Bull win out over Ferrari, being brave and taking risks on driver choice.
I'm with you there Liam! They should have taken Bianchi for this year instead of Kimi, they weren't brave enough, and this is one area that Red Bull win out over Ferrari, being brave and taking risks on driver choice.

Exactly. I respect Kimi as a driver but this year, he's not been on form. He has not driven what I expected him to and I am not saying that is his fault but you know, I'd rather have Bianchi either join Toro Rosso or a midfield team for a year so he can get used to scoring more points or Ferrari and see how well he does. After all, he is in their academy. Kimi seems like he just doesn't care anymore
That's the thing, what does that say about Ferrari? They hire the guy who's playing the role of a dirty dish rag to his teammate. Kimi's brough into the team is is doing worse than Massa. Why would Ferrari not hire a young promising driver??? It's like they go out of their way to give you reasons to detest them. :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!