FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I was hoping he wooldnt risk anything by chasing fatest lap at the end of that race. But Lewis has said recently that theres only one stat he's chasing.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
I was hoping he wooldnt risk anything by chasing fatest lap at the end of that race. But Lewis has said recently that theres only one stat he's chasing.

Refreshing isn't it when you think back at how tenaciously Vettel chased those laps.
By sagi58

Refreshing isn't it when you think back at how tenaciously Vettel chased those laps.

The difference might be that Vettel didn't have as much to lose as Hamilton does, at the moment!

The difference might be that Vettel didn't have as much to lose as Hamilton does, at the moment!

It's a great position to be in isn't it? The feeling that you have something to fight for! Beats the alternative for sure, eh?
Vettel is just one of those people that loves his stats, when he is at home he goes straight to his computer and check where he sits on every F1 stat.

It's a great position to be in isn't it? The feeling that you have something to fight for! Beats the alternative for sure, eh?

IMO it's a glass half full/empty scenario. If you want you can find things to fight for. 4th position this year, or perhaps having a competitive engine by 2016 for the non-Mercedes teams.
I don't understand what kept anyone from having a non competitive engine in 2014, as they have only themselves to blame But that shouldn't stop Ferrari from making the necessary changes exit year. After all with 32 points they say half of the components in the engine can be changed. I'm counting on Ferrari to get it right the second time around.
I don't understand what kept anyone from having a non competitive engine in 2014

By it's very nature, F1 is a competition. So there can only be one winner. I'm sure every team tried to have the best engine. Kudos to Mercedes because they arrived at race 1 with the best donk.

.. as they have only themselves to blame But that shouldn't stop Ferrari from making the necessary changes exit year. After all with 32 points they say half of the components in the engine can be changed. I'm counting on Ferrari to get it right the second time around.

For sure Ferrari will keep fighting and trying. That's what I love about the team. In over 60 years they've never run away - for any reason. And believe me there have been some long lean stretches in that time :yes:

I really doubt Ferrari will be able, with only being able to change about half the engine itself, to catch up the gap. Plus remember Mercedes won't stand still, they will improve also. I think 2 years is a realistic goal to become competitive.
I don't understand what kept anyone from having a non competitive engine in 2014

By it's very nature, F1 is a competition. So there can only be one winner. I'm sure every team tried to have the best engine. Kudos to Mercedes because they arrived at race 1 with the best donk.

.. as they have only themselves to blame But that shouldn't stop Ferrari from making the necessary changes exit year. After all with 32 points they say half of the components in the engine can be changed. I'm counting on Ferrari to get it right the second time around.

For sure Ferrari will keep fighting and trying. That's what I love about the team. In over 60 years they've never run away - for any reason. And believe me there have been some long lean stretches in that time :yes:

I really doubt Ferrari will be able, with only being able to change about half the engine itself, to catch up the gap. Plus remember Mercedes won't stand still, they will improve also. I think 2 years is a realistic goal to become competitive.
By sagi58

You would probably get a better answer from any Ferrari fan that was around during their period of domination.
Sadly, for me, I missed it.
By LRW
You would probably get a better answer from any Ferrari fan that was around during their period of domination.
Sadly, for me, I missed it.

Dont worry Sagi - it will return one day...
Look at the bright side, can't miss what you never had.

Ouch.

See our F1 related articles too!