FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

:thumbup: thanks for that one Cyril. :)
By Roth
Our Nige probably sees a lot of himself in Hamilton. They're certainly cut from the same cloth, as much as Hamilton has aligned himself with Senna, and there's enough echoes of '92 to keep the historians happy. I remember thinking back then that Mansell deserved that one if only for all the crap he'd been through, and get the same feeling now.
Lewis is concentrating specifically on the tracks this year where he feels Nico was faster last year. He wants to close the gap to him. Bahrain was one such track and he closed the quali gap to Nico and then won the race. Spain is another track, so that will be interesting. Last year Lewis suffered more with tyres but they're less an issue this year, and the year before Lewis was very good round this track, qualifying on pole, being sent to the back then racing to eigth( I think) while his team mate Button qualified tenth and raced to ninth ( I think). Which suggest with the better performing tyres Lewis should be in good shape.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ostpopular
Lewis is concentrating specifically on the tracks this year where he feels Nico was faster last year. He wants to close the gap to him. Bahrain was one such track and he closed the quali gap to Nico and then won the race. Spain is another track, so that will be interesting. Last year Lewis suffered more with tyres but they're less an issue this year, and the year before Lewis was very good round this track, qualifying on pole, being sent to the back then racing to eigth( I think) while his team mate Button qualified tenth and raced to ninth ( I think). Which suggest with the better performing tyres Lewis should be in good shape.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ostpopular

I also think the footing wasn't level last year between team-mates. Lewis new to the team and a car he had no feel for or input in. The other factor was, the car was a tyre eating monster last year and Lewis had never driven such a car in his entire F1 career prior. This year, it's equal footing and Lewis has as much access to the car concept as Nico…it shows in his driving so far with less tyre wear (and fuel usage). RC, I can't see Lewis having the same outcome as last year. Lets see how this conversation goes after the race. :)
Yeah, no issue with tyres for Lewis this year, better than Nico if anything.
By LRW
A stat for all the stat junkies. (Mnm - where are you?)

Lewis Hamilton has completed 169 racing laps out of a possible 224 this year.

Of those, he has spent 164 in the lead (97%)
NO suprire really cabbage.

I suddenly feel like I've lost the ability to comprehend written English.
Yep. Its just you. Nothing to do with me.
Melon lemon
By LRW
NO suprire really cabbage.

I suddenly feel like I've lost the ability to comprehend written English.

Ha ha ha. Glad I'm not the only one.

Sweetcorn

I am impressed mate, did you do the maths yourself?

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58

He had a little time on his hands! :thumbup:
By LRW

He had a little time on his hands! :thumbup:

No I'd course not. Cut N Paste from SkyF1. Only people with little friends or real social life has time to compile F1 stats.

See our F1 related articles too!