FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
You should Tweet Lewis and ask for one. He might even send you a signed one.....

He just wouldn't. Don't plant false hope. :nono::wink:

I know he wouldn't :( he must get millions of requests, and the ones he responds to will most likely be charity requests.

RC, don't give up without trying!! :nono: Maybe the requests get put into a hat
and a few names are drawn!! :thumbup: You never know!!

No, there are so many more worthier causes. Maybe one day I'll get to meet him, and that would be the best thing ever :)

Then offer to make the hat a donation to your favourite charity!
i.e. I'd donate it to The Hospital for Sick Kids!! :D

Then he'd hate me forever if he found out! He does lots of charity work with kids.

??... but, I meant for you to actually donate it!! :whip:
That way, he'd send it to you and you would do a good deed!!
You should Tweet Lewis and ask for one. He might even send you a signed one.....

He just wouldn't. Don't plant false hope. :nono::wink:

I know he wouldn't :( he must get millions of requests, and the ones he responds to will most likely be charity requests.

RC, don't give up without trying!! :nono: Maybe the requests get put into a hat
and a few names are drawn!! :thumbup: You never know!!

No, there are so many more worthier causes. Maybe one day I'll get to meet him, and that would be the best thing ever :)

Then offer to make the hat a donation to your favourite charity!
i.e. I'd donate it to The Hospital for Sick Kids!! :D

Then he'd hate me forever if he found out! He does lots of charity work with kids.

But I'd keep it :twisted:
By sagi58

Let me get this straight: You can record a race and have the steely resolve to avoid the results so you can watch it, later;
but, you don't have the same "strength" to avoid the temptation to keep a hat?? :P

Let me get this straight: You can record a race and have the steely resolve to avoid the results so you can watch it, later;
but, you don't have the same "strength" to avoid the temptation to keep a hat?? :P

If the hats signed by Lewis. Correct.
By sagi58

If the hats signed by Lewis. Correct.

Love the honesty, RC!! :clap:
((p.s. I might do the same if it were Kimi!! :blush: ))
By sagi58
Why do you two hate terminally ill kids....? :yikes:

:yikes: That's a terrible thing to say!!
By the way, not all children in hospital are terminally ill!!
Hospitals also help children get better!! :P
By LRW

YOU are the ones stealing from them - dont turn it on me.
By sagi58

YOU are the ones stealing from them - dont turn it on me.

I didn't steal. RC didn't steal.
We were talking hypothetically!! :banghead:

(( :rofl: ))
As if on queue, to illustrate the point I was making in another thread( regarding the putting down of Lewis), we have Damon Hill saying Lewis is "mentally fragile" . Really? Of the two Merc drivers it's Lewis that has shown signs if fragility?This must be that latest Lewis put down, following on from he's not 'cerebral' enough( ie, he's thick). Damon, you were my favourite driver at one point , you let yourself down by getting on the ' let's knock Lewis media bandwagon.'
Here's the article.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... -be-beaten
The comments following the article are worth a read. It seems that whilst the British media/ pundits/ ex drivers still love to take pot shot at Lewis, fans are beginning to see through it. I particularly like the comment from someone called 'dog', dog says ..........

Damon Hill > "we know Hamilton can be fragile at times" < don't you just love the way British pundits get behind Lewis, well here's a message for you Sky pundits, Lewis might be fragile but he's a damn site quicker than any of you were! :P

Well said Mr. Dog. :)
Do you nor think it is because the British media love an underdog story. Lewis this year is not an underdog

Sent using NCC-1701
No, I really don't think that's it... I don't recall anyone waxing poetic about Webber or even Rosberg when he was paired with Schumacher.
As if on queue, to illustrate the point I was making in another thread( regarding the putting down of Lewis), we have Damon Hill saying Lewis is "mentally fragile" . Really? Of the two Merc drivers it's Lewis that has shown signs if fragility?This must be that latest Lewis put down, following on from he's not 'cerebral' enough( ie, he's thick). Damon, you were my favourite driver at one point , you let yourself down by getting on the ' let's knock Lewis media bandwagon.'
Here's the article.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... -be-beaten
The comments following the article are worth a read. It seems that whilst the British media/ pundits/ ex drivers still love to take pot shot at Lewis, fans are beginning to see through it. I particularly like the comment from someone called 'dog', dog says ..........

Damon Hill > "we know Hamilton can be fragile at times" < don't you just love the way British pundits get behind Lewis, well here's a message for you Sky pundits, Lewis might be fragile but he's a damn site quicker than any of you were! :P

Well said Mr. Dog. :)

RC, I saw this article earlier this morning and thought, it's highly conceivable Damon needs to wash his socks cause they have gone off…the fumes making him quite batty. Honestly, I'm not sure what Lewis has to do for all of these so-called "analysts" to pull up and simply admit to what they are witnessing. This is a driver who is laser-focused on the only thing that matters to him right now…and he's publicly showing it on race weekend for all to see while behind the scenes, doing all the things right that we can't see…the constant training and preparation. "Mentally fragile"…really? The Hills, Brundles and the like would never have the capacity to do for example what Lewis did in Bahrain under that immense pressure for that long with all the disadvantage and still stave off the attacks to win that race. I could go on but, really, what's the point? The important bit is that the only important person here (Lewis) understands the stance of these pundits and simply tells them time and time again to go get stuffed. We've never heard those words cross his lips cuz Lewis' message is in his driving and winning. Remember how the Lewis-to-Mercedes announcement went over with them? Ya…how's that for being a brilliant analyst?! :nono:
I laughed when I read that this morning and would ask Damon one question... what is this mental fragility and give me a few examples of it. The problem is that we allow pundits just to "say" something without making them accountable for having to produce the facts to substantiate the diarrhea that comes out of their mouth.

Well, by some weirdness of nature, mentally fragile guy is well on his quest to wipe the floor with the grid, and they'll come up with some other out of their @ss hurdle that he allegedly "can't" overcome.

There are a number of records I'm looking forward to having Hamilton claim this year... Most wins in a single season. Most consecutive victories (which would be THE performance coup of the millennium and Mercedes would go down in F1 history for the reliability of a brand new spec engine)
Most Poles in a season, Most laps led in a season, I wonder what other records are potentially at risk here.

Where's mnmracer when you really need him?

See our F1 related articles too!