FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

It's why I couldn't get too jealouse about him being such a brilliant fan. He's a sweetie.
By LRW
Lewis' latest BBC column:

Thanks for posting that LRW :smile:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
I really dont like this talk about mortality or religion, its almost as if the media are encouraging Lewis to emulate Ayrton. I am not saying Ayrton believed God would keep him safe, or that his passing had anything to do with his beliefs but I think it might be better to suspend all philosophy or discussion or mortality till he retires
lewis talking about his tank slapper, the typhoon, the balance between a good quali car and a good race car, and other stuff.
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... erage'-day
"Lewis you got pole in Singapore by .007 do you think you'll have a license to thrill in tomorrow's qualifying" :rolleyes: Boy do media folk love to make stupid puns to amuse themselves.
By sagi58
"Lewis you got pole in Singapore by .007 do you think you'll have a license to thrill in tomorrow's qualifying" :rolleyes: Boy do media folk love to make stupid puns to amuse themselves.

It must be some sort of "game" they play behind closed (recording booth) doors!!
Now we know Jules is over the worst and hopefully will be back before long, its time to reappraise the the reality of the Merc partnership

Despite an extra dnf from a 25 point position, and the loss of 10 x 2 points for starting at the back and finishing 3rd, Lewis has shown the gulf in class and the difference between a stunningly fast driver and a stunningly great one. He is better with tyres, fuel management, on the fly balance tweaks without assistance from the pitwall. He has monstered Nico out on track comprehensively. Only a stupidly cunning stunt would suggest anymore that these two are close. In one lap pace Nico can match Lewis, however its obvious that the real difference comes from race day craft, and complete mastery of the 2014 intellectual side

Lewis is the most complete driver on the grid. The fact that the driver he unhinged and set on his present path towards oblivion - Alonso, is floundering for a decent seat, and the :duckie: that took the motorhome disturbing option is floundering even worse is the final confirmation of the completeness of Hamilton

Still he rises
Still he rises indeed. But how long do we have to wait until the Coulthard's and the Brundle's of this world will recognise that Lewis is actually a ' complete' driver. Completely able to read a race and respond to the conditions required in that race. To be fair to Coulthard he's better than he was, but still on Saturday we got the 'Rosberg is so consistent' line churned out. Consistently good at not converting poles to wins. But Lewis will never get credit for the cerebral aspects of racing because that just doesn't fit with the roleLewis has been assigned. Yet still he rises! :cloud9:
Still he rises indeed. But how long do we have to wait until the Coulthard's and the Brundle's of this world will recognise that Lewis is actually a ' complete' driver. Completely able to read a race and respond to the conditions required in that race. To be fair to Coulthard he's better than he was, but still on Saturday we got the 'Rosberg is so consistent' line churned out. Consistently good at not converting poles to wins. But Lewis will never get credit for the cerebral aspects of racing because that just doesn't fit with the roleLewis has been assigned. Yet still he rises! :cloud9:

They are bitter ex drivers and a perfect illustration of the selfserving pettiness of the British sporting media who are uniformly composed of failed ex tennis, football, racing stars etc. Its always the story, the italian and Spanish and German press do not act as much like hyenas than our sporting ex loser media cognoscenti.
Just listening to Brundle and Coulthard and they only come alaive when there is a chance lewis has done something that confirms he is just a lucky version of themselves -

Lewis this year has won more than half the races Coulthard won in a long career at a front running multiple title winning Mclaren, and Brundles only achievement was to have overtaken Senna by mistake or something in the lower formula, he didnt even manage to win a race in his equally long career, ofcourse they gonna love Button - they know he is just a luckier version of themselves and everyone else knows as well
Lewis was asked if he'd done much time in the simulator for Sochi. His reply was .....only about ten laps I don't like using the simulator so much, I'd rather drive it for real and get a proper feel for it. ( sentiments correct, words as I remember them)
Thats a great statement from Lewis, you only need a few laps in the sim to know what you need to know till after 10 laps in FP1. after 10 laps in FP1 if you dont know the circuit enough to do your best you are likely to be a :duckie: whos lazyness has been temporarily displaced by the realisation his rookie teammate will be helping him pack his bags unless he starts beating him in quali

On the other hand I bet Nico has 20 times experience in the sim and also knows exactly how pneumatics interface with the control software and could probably give the sim designers some good tips on how to make it more reliable, so it really doesnt matter he was almost a second slower than his teammate and has had to resort to radical setup gambles to make up for the confidence 'tax' of a new circuit

See our F1 related articles too!