FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
... If I did think that the message was malicious it would have been deleted and a PM sent! :)

And, that's what a good moderator does!!
Recognizes the difference in intent and acts accordingly!!

Thank you for a job well done!! :thumbup:
... If I did think that the message was malicious it would have been deleted and a PM sent! :)

Ooh, this is so tempting: I wanna be a bad moderator and send you on a fishing trip :twisted::P
By sagi58

Ooh, this is so tempting: I wanna be a bad moderator and send you on a fishing trip :twisted::P

Uh... I think I may be allergic to worms!! Image

No worries: the piranhas in the water will take care of them and other dangly bits :twisted:
By sagi58

No worries: the piranhas in the water will take care of them and other dangly bits :twisted:

Ooh... I'm sooo tempted... NOT!! :whip:
It's not like there is a lot to moderate recently, I almost miss our wayward members making me have to work for my greenhood.

You better watch out Sagi, DD hasn't performed a moderation action for 41 days... he might have an itchy finger, you might want to lay low for a little while.

Back on topic, we know that Lewis sees Ayrton Senna as his hero, but I wonder what Senna would make of Hamilton? Personally, I do not see Hamilton as in the same league as Senna, F1 was a much harder sport when Senna was driving, modern day drivers can not be compared to the greats of the past because F1 was very different in different eras.
By sagi58
...You better watch out Sagi, DD hasn't performed a moderation action for 41 days... he might have an itchy finger, you might want to lay low for a little while.

Sigh...

:twisted:
Hamilton late to Brazil due to parties, 'fever', and crashing his car.

Less than a week since shamefully criticizing Michael Schumacher about lacking his 'natural talent' here is Hamiltons 'foot slipping' on both the 'clutch and brake pedals' and running his $2M Zonda into three parked cars! Natural talent indeed! Perhaps it was a gust of wind. There is a smile on Schumachers face today, guaranteed.

He wasn't drunk so maybe he just fell asleep at the wheel, he does say that he is over tired and has fatigue. I think that the folks at Mercedes might be concerned about this happening with their precious - the world championship car, W06. I am sure that Stuttgart will be seeking assurances! Are you awake Lewis??

And speaking of Stuttgart, they were very worried recently about having any kind of controversy, Wolff was clear after Hamilton's punting of Rosberg off the track in America , 'We continue to support them in racing hard and optimizing their result and of course for the team it is very important there is no controversy.' Needless to say the top Germans in Stuttgart will not be impressed with their #1 driver admissions.

Sponsors won't be happy either. Puma already had taken down their interview where Hamilton criticized Schumacher, this will just drive more Merc sponsor $ away.

This guys life is turning into a lame soap opera.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... crash.html

"Like a modern-day James Hunt, Lewis Hamilton admitted last night that his Monaco car crash in the early hours of Tuesday was caused by fatigue after weeks of partying.
Hamilton has spent the year travelling around the world, but after securing his third title last month, that lifestyle seems to have finally caught up with him. What condition he is in to race for a first victory in Brazil on Sunday remains to be seen.
The 30-year-old was driving his 200mph Pagani Zonda supercar around the streets of Monte Carlo at 3.30 on Tuesday morning when he collided with three parked cars. He was found by police not to have been drinking and was unhurt.

A spokesman for Monaco’s Palais de Justice said: “Mr Hamilton’s foot slipped on the brake and clutch pedals and his vehicle struck three parked cars. He was tested for alcohol but the result was negative.”

Hamilton’s own explanation for the shunt, captured in photographs posted on social media yesterday, was more revealing. Mercedes’ press manager originally said Hamilton would not be discussing the accident but the driver himself soon laid bare on weeks of excess.
“It was a result of heavy partying and not much rest for a week and a half,” Hamilton said. “I am a bit run down. I have been non-stop and trying to fit training in at the same time and not getting a lot of sleep.”

Hamilton has adopted a self-described rock ’n’ roll lifestyle this year, and while he has been dominating his team-mate, Nico Rosberg, there was little reason for censure. He has spoken of how travelling the world in his red, Bombardier private jet helps him arrive at races relaxed and refreshed.
Not so since taking the world title last month in Austin. In Mexico last time out he lacked the pace over Rosberg and here he has a major job to put the crash – and what Mercedes described as a fever – behind him, already arriving in Interlagos a day later than planned. However, he insisted: “I never considered not coming. I have never ever not considered coming to a race.”

Since the Mexican Grand Prix on Nov 1, he said there had been several alcohol-filled parties, as well as an event he put on for his mother’s birthday.

“The party was amazing, couldn’t have gone better,” Hamilton said. “I don’t feel as bad as I look. The last two days I have slept pretty much all day. I couldn’t believe how much I slept and I slept on the flight here.
“I was nervous that I was not going to sleep. I slept all day yesterday. I usually sleep four or five hours but when you are training you need more than that. I am generally a really energetic person but that week after Mexico and the party we drank a lot and I was really feeling it.”
He even suggested arriving at Madame Tussauds for a photoshoot a few hours after a night out still inebriated.

Hamilton went on: “Then I had a photo shoot at Madame Tussauds the next day and I wondered why I booked it for the next day because I had to do pictures looking fresh. It was not enjoyable because it was only a few hours after the night out so I was still very much…”
The triple world champion does not exactly fit Mercedes’s straight-laced, rather more serious image, but he is their – and Formula One’s – biggest star. As long as he is producing on track, you will not hear a word of complaint from Toto Wolff, the Mercedes boss.
The big question now is how Hamilton regains a sense of balance. For much of this year, despite truly discovering the taste for alcohol for the first time, Hamilton has reigned supreme. Damon Hill, the 1996 world champion, criticised his lifestyle earlier in the year only for the 30-year-old to go on a phenomenal run. But evidently, and as he admits, Hamilton has pushed things too far."

According to an Instagram user going by the name of Jordan Adams (account deleted), the third pic <see above> featured in the gallery below was taken right after the crash. Even though it was taken down by the user from the photo-sharing network, Jordan commented in the description that he heard a loud supercar "coming down the hill," then he heard a lock up under braking sound and then a "big bang."
By sagi58
Rock'n'roll lifestyle??

I guess we'll have to "blame" Kimi for rubbing off on him...
does Hamilton have a boat, yet? :whip:
More gems from F1's version of Kanye West. Why stop at just insulting Schumacher, so many other drivers to disrespect!

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/11/19/ ... raikkonen/
By sagi58
It's difficult to asses how good Vettel is?? Yet, it's easy to assess how good Hamilton is?? :confused:
Second year in a car that rules and regulations do NOT other manufacturers to catch up with
and he figures it's all about his "natural abilities"??

Oh, wait... Hamilton has a teammate who is on his level?? So his titles are "more" valuable? :rolleyes:

I'm betting there are a lot of young drivers on the grid who would do well, given the chances
Hamilton has had.

Oh, wait... this is the Hamilton "support" thread, so... Way to go, Lewis!! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!