FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

:cloud9:

It has been a while since I haven't seen this thanks

By the way I'm confused because i think both LRW and What's Burning is right isn't there 52 weeks in a year so 3 years make 156 weeks :confused:

Oh and this made my day https://instagram.com/p/znKMksL0xd/?modal=true

Elfie that is absolutely adorable!!! I love it!!

NOT the Briatore picture you understand!
Elfie that is absolutely adorable!!! I love it!!

NOT the Briatore picture you understand!

Same and same! I don't know why you pointing out the Briatore thing made me laugh that much though :D
By sagi58
 wrote:">No need to revisit 2014 rivalry with Rosberg - Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton says there is no need to sit down with his team-mate Nico Rosberg and go back over the events of last year ahead of their upcoming title campaign.

Hamilton beat Rosberg to last year's championship after a tense battle that boiled over at the Belgian Grand Prix when the two collided on track. The team took disciplinary measures against its drivers and set out new rules after the collision, and Hamilton says it is not necessary to reinforce that message this year.

"I don't really know what to say about that," he said. "We had a lot of races last year where we did really well and we plan to do the same thing in terms of trying to win for the team. We haven't sat down and discussed anything about last year. I think we learned a lot through the year last year, so there is no need to discuss it."

Following pre-season testing, it looks as though the Mercedes duo are set to fight for the title between themselves, but Hamilton says it is more fun when a driver from a rival team is involved as well.

"I think it's more exciting when you're battling another team. When I was growing up watching F1, it was more fun when I was seeing two teams fighting each other. Having a competition within a team is still exciting, but it's just different when you are having competition with other teams."

Hamilton has not changed his approach to F1 this year, but said it is impossible to replicate his preparations exactly.

"Every winter is different, so it's hard to replicate the same winter each time. The feeling is different when you arrive at the first test, the feeling fitness wise is always different - last winter in testing I don't remember being sick, but I was sick this time for example. All the steps I've generally taken have been to approach the season the same."
By sagi58
Hamilton seems to agree that F1 isn't just about intra-team battles:

wrote:">No need to revisit 2014 rivalry with Rosberg - Hamilton

...Following pre-season testing, it looks as though the Mercedes duo are set to fight for the title between themselves, but Hamilton says it is more fun when a driver from a rival team is involved as well.

"I think it's more exciting when you're battling another team. When I was growing up watching F1, it was more fun when I was seeing two teams fighting each other. Having a competition within a team is still exciting, but it's just different when you are having competition with other teams."...
By sagi58
The plot thickens:

wrote:">I’ve matured, says Hamilton as he uses Ferrari as a negotiating chip

.......Mercedes has a strong hand as it is currently providing him with the best car in F1. As with his negotiations three years ago, which took him away from McLaren, it is always vital to have an alternative team to go to, a bargaining chip. In this case, there has been some messaging from Hamilton’s side recently that Ferrari is a possibility. This was the only obvious possibility all along.

In the Gazzetta dello Sport’s weekend glossy magazine SportWeek, Hamilton said that he has always had a love affair with Italy and the Italians and enjoyed great support from fans who recently have been saying to him, ‘Come to Ferrari, come to Ferrari’.

It is well known that Kimi Raikkonen may leave the team at the end of the season, unless things change dramatically and the most famous team in F1 might well suit a two, possibly three times world champion as he may be at the end of this season when his Mercedes contract expires.

It is well known that Kimi Raikkonen may leave the team at the end of the season, unless things change dramatically and the most famous team in F1 might well suit a two, possibly three times world champion as he may be at the end of this season when his Mercedes contract expires.

He is known to be asking for a huge retainer from Mercedes, part of the reason why the negotiations have been going on for so long. Using Ferrari as a bargaining chip makes perfect sense and Hamilton partnering Sebastian Vettel in a Ferrari super team would certainly be a box office smash for the sport.

Mercedes’s strategy has been to try at almost all costs to retain Hamilton, but Fernando Alonso was in the background as a back up, if the team were to lose him. Alonso committed himself to Honda and McLaren, with McLaren boss Ron Dennis saying that the Spaniard was tied in for the long term, but there are likely to be performance clauses in the deal which McLaren could struggle to meet this season if things don’t improve........
If that ever materializes, i.e., LH to Ferrari, can you imagine the mental contortions most of his followers would have to go through to live with that? :eek::rofl:
No thickening plot. The contact is close to completion and will likely be signed before the first race. There are no unreasonable demands and the negotiating is amicable.

http://www.espn.co.uk/mercedes/motorspo ... 93699.html

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24181 ... s-mercedes

So sorry Ferrari fans, dream on, you aren't getting Lewis. Lewis is committed to Mercedes and as things stands he's extending for the forseeable future. Why go to Ferrari? Ferrari are a comparative shambles.

If by any fluke he ended up there, this Lewis fan would deal with it, no mental contortions necessary. After all, Lewis fans have had practise dealing with nonsense , when Lewis partnered Button under the hapless Whitmarsh.
Never say never, RC... 2016 is unlikely but he may choose to end his career at Ferrari, I've heard Lewis talking about wanting to drive for Ferrari at some point, but now is not the correct time, it would be crazy to leave the front-running team for one that is in the rebuilding process, but 2018 is another story, especially if the FIA flip the rules on it's head again!
As MOA said now is not the time to go to the Scuderia. I'm surprised even Seb went there. If Lewis is ever contemplating a move to Maranello, he'd be best watching and observing how the team progresses over the next few seasons. He doesn't want to go through the frustration experienced by Fernando Alonso, time and time again. It'll be interesting to see if Ferrari can turn their decent testing performance into actual competitiveness throughout the 2015 season.

At this point he'd be mad to leave Mercedes. But times change, and change they will, and I don't expect Merc to be Lewis' last team in his F1 career.
By sagi58
As MOA said now is not the time to go to the Scuderia. I'm surprised even Seb went there...

I wonder if Schumi got this same advice? :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!