FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Hamilton is up to 6th (joint with Mansell) in the all time wins now. Funny enough Alonso is just 1 win ahead in 5th place*

*he loves 5th doesn't he
By sagi58
You would probably get a better answer from any Ferrari fan that was around during their period of domination.
Sadly, for me, I missed it.

Dont worry Sagi - it will return one day...

Thank you!! I'm pretty certain it will, too!!
Hopefully, in the not too distant future!!
By sagi58
Look at the bright side, can't miss what you never had.

I guess that's one of looking at it!! Though I would hazard a guess that's not
how either Hamilton or Alonso look at their recent near misses at the WDC! :nono:
By LRW
You would probably get a better answer from any Ferrari fan that was around during their period of domination.

I wouldn't go that far.... :D

Look at williams, its taken them 20yrs to get back near the top. So you are still on the way down. But will be back up in another decade ;)
Imagine coming to support a team that's only known bitterness during your tenure while never having tasted the pure joy of victory. That's a fan indeed. In the Lewis Hamilton support thread no less.
By sagi58

Look at williams, its taken them 20yrs to get back near the top. So you are still on the way down. But will be back up in another decade ;)

Ferrari hasn't won a WCC since 2008 and Kimi the WDC in 2007.
That's a looong enough time for F1's most winningest team, thanks!! :thumbup:
By sagi58
'winningest' team? :rofl:;)

Yup!! Oh, not this season!! :blush:
Stats-wise, it's a different story!! :thumbup:

((p.s. "winningest" -- just a little poetic license!! ))
You'd think somehow with all that winningest prestige and resources and know how and driving talent they would have been able to put a challenge together with a clean slate year like 2014. It's dumbfounding.

In the Lewis Hamilton support thread no less, when there's a perfectly good lounge somewhere around here.
By sagi58
...In the Lewis Hamilton support thread no less, when there's a perfectly good lounge somewhere around here.

Point taken!
By LRW
Ive got some bad news for Hamilton fans.

On Sunday, for the first time I started to think that the boy just might do it.

To me he is full of confidence, has some tracks coming that he loves, and I think the luck of reliability might just be on his side.

This obviously is a recipie for disaster, which means he is going to metephoricaly crash and burn, and lose the WDC.

Sorry about that. :(
Ive got some bad news for Hamilton fans.

On Sunday, for the first time I started to think that the boy just might do it.

To me he is full of confidence, has some tracks coming that he loves, and I think the luck of reliability might just be on his side.

This obviously is a recipie for disaster, which means he is going to metephoricaly crash and burn, and lose the WDC.

Sorry about that. :(

Dont worry, as long as geet is rooting for Nico we will be fine, its not as though....er hold on....wheres geet....he hasnt been here to support Nico for a while...I hope....nah.....oh uh start praying guys - geet is out buying LH merchadise :yikes:

Ferrari hasn't won a WCC since 2008 and Kimi the WDC in 2007.
That's a looong enough time for F1's most winningest team, thanks!! :thumbup:

historically they have had many more stagnation periods than winning ones, and 6 years doesnt even count as a period of stagnation compared to the others. 20 years is about right before realistically worrying that this time will be permanent
and they are also statistically F1's most losingest team :wavey:
By LRW
.....and they are also statistically F1's most losingest team :wavey:

:rofl: Thats actually a very good point. If they have only won 16 WCCs, then they have LOST 49 WCCs.

See our F1 related articles too!