FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

I was thinking of stats in years to come..ie in Wiki etc...
The double points that Lewis won yesterday, made the end of season points result, more as it should be IMHO.
The point making/slashing tyres at Spa causing DNF cost Lewis a 25 points & cheating in Monaco robbed Lewis of probable pole (he was up on NR time) another & 7 points etc.

Despite that, Rosberg actually had 3 non-scoring races due to mechanical faults while Hamilton only had 2. Yes he had 2 qualifying but id rather have them on a Saturday than a Sunday.

As for Monaco, at the time I maybe would have agreed that Hamilton was potentially robbed of pole, however, seeing the amount of errors he made on laps this season in Q3, it was far from a guaranteed pole. He was up in one of the three sectors, he still had 2/3 of the lap to do and at Monaco it is so easy to make a mistake.

I agree Hamilton was probably cost 25 points in Spa, although Rosberg's extra mechanical DNF in Abu Dhabi cost him 36 points. The DNF's of Hamilton in Australia and Canada and Rosberg's in Britain and Singapore equal themselves out.

Despite that, Rosberg actually had 3 non-scoring races due to mechanical faults while Hamilton only had 2. Yes he had 2 qualifying but id rather have them on a Saturday than a Sunday.

So the Spa dnf due to Nico 'faults' are not part of the equation?? :rofl:
By LRW
Despite that, Rosberg actually had 3 non-scoring races due to mechanical faults while Hamilton only had 2. .....

Yeah luckily Hamilton's 3rd DNF was due to a team mate running into hi, and not a mechanical fault.

edit: cookin' beat me to it!
Ferrai man, you're stretching and twisting things a bit there. They BOTH had three DNf's and ON TOP OF THAT. lewis had three issues in qualifying. Germany and the fire, Im pretty sure he'd have had pole and wins in both those races, as it was he started from the back, Monaco as you say could have gone either way.
Yes DNF's in a race are worse than in quali, they're equal in race DNF's. lewis has three quali issues andRosberg didn't have any. Still uneven on reliability/ issues.
well simple maths tells us the truth about the quali issues, Lewis came from the back to third twice, statistically he would jhave qualied on the front row and statistically would have gone on to win so we are talking about lewis getting 10 points less for 2 races due to his quali issue = 25 -15 = 10 x 2 = 20 points

therefore 2 quali issues cost him 20 points + 7 = 27 points differential to Nico who would have lost points had Lewis won

so once again we have a ferrari fan who hasnt thought things through before shooting from the hip
Despite that, Rosberg actually had 3 non-scoring races due to mechanical faults while Hamilton only had 2. .....

Yeah luckily Hamilton's 3rd DNF was due to a team mate running into hi, and not a mechanical fault.

edit: cookin' beat me to it!

Luckily Hamilton had two cars blow up during qualifying and one car interrupt a third Q run, but Wikipedia stats will give full credit to Nico for those poles as well. Guess he'll have to live with it in exchange for the points gap.
Apart from the Championship stat, the glaring stat of the season would be Nico not even achieving half of Hamiltons wins even after cheating in Monaco and crashing him out of the lead and race in Spa.
After the intensity of the championship Hamilton and Rosberg's relationship gets back on an even keel . Rosberg is relishing the challenge of next year because he is up against the best driver in Lewis. Lewis says he never had dreams of driving for Ferrari. The cars look nice in red he said, but I can always get a red Mercedes. So no problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30259667
After the intensity of the championship Hamilton and Rosberg's relationship gets back on an even keel . Rosberg is relishing the challenge of next year because he is up against the best driver in Lewis. Lewis says he never had dreams of driving for Ferrari. The cars look nice in red he said, but I can always get a red Mercedes. So no problem.

Oh... BURN.

Until they're racing against each other again next season.

Ive never really seen the special attraction for Ferrari myself.
Yes, I'm sure it will hot up again. Perhaps theyve both learnt some lessons about how they go about tacing each other and how thy deal with things.
Yes, I'm sure it will hot up again. Perhaps theyve both learnt some lessons about how they go about tacing each other and how thy deal with things.

Lol yeah, i'm sure they'll have learnt quite a bit about each other and they'll use all they know to try to come out on top.
If he left the point proving and questionable Monaco parking practice at the curb, I'd be very supportive should Nico manage to beat Lewis for the title the second time around. Let's be real here, there are quite a few similarities between the 2009 and 2014 seasons. Nico drove as well as Button did in 2009 and should he have had a journeyman teammate instead of Lewis would have won the title just the same as Jenson. They both dutifully put in their time with their respective teams but only one of the reaped the reward for it.

Oh... BURN.

:cloud9:

Some people just want to watch Ferrari burn

See our F1 related articles too!