FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
Big Azza you sound like you are having a right laugh.
I'm tempted by it now.
All I ever did with my bro was do a long Monaco race and knock everyone out and me and brother pick up first and second. So 2 of us killing the rest.
I don't think we ever made it both of us to the finish, but was so fun, we'd be 5 laps down on Alonso, but force him into the wall and we'd win!!
I'VE DONE IT!!!

I worked out how to conquer Monaco. :thumbup:

After restarting it a billion times I realised that the computer cars all pit every 3 to 6 laps. (This is in 100% race distance believe it or now. :eek: )

So all I have to do is drive slower and be more careful (almost impossible with the adrenaline rush) and I find that my tyres are worn out in 10 laps. So I will have an 8 stop strategy compared to the 15 used by the computer.

is that messed up or what? :confused:
(almost impossible with the adrenaline rush)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
An adrenaline rush on a computer game!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha!! I was going to post to say just go slowly and you can get to the front of the pack! It took me ages to work it out too!! I actually do love this game and feel sorry for those that don't like it... :)
I'VE DONE IT!!!

I worked out how to conquer Monaco. :thumbup:

After restarting it a billion times I realised that the computer cars all pit every 3 to 6 laps. (This is in 100% race distance believe it or now. :eek: )

So all I have to do is drive slower and be more careful (almost impossible with the adrenaline rush) and I find that my tyres are worn out in 10 laps. So I will have an 8 stop strategy compared to the 15 used by the computer.

is that messed up or what? :confused:

I thought I was just overworking the tyres. Guess the wear is unrealistically high - not just on Monaco either (Though the problem seems worst there and in Singapore), I often find in a 14 lap race with 2 stops in which I'm not going flatout, the fronts are toast by the time I'm on my inlap.
Just saw that F1 2009 is going to be released next week for the iphone! :eek: The screen-shots don't look too bad either, so the question is - should I invest in a PSP or iphone for my gaming on the go?
Just saw that F1 2009 is going to be released next week for the iphone! :eek: The screen-shots don't look too bad either, so the question is - should I invest in a PSP or iphone for my gaming on the go?

The iPod Touch is probably a better bang for the buck since you won't be mired with monthly data fees.

The iPod Touch is probably a better bang for the buck since you won't be mired with monthly data fees.

Yeah I'm thinking along those lines I think, as I was think of getting an iPod Touch anyway. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year....

I'm pretty disappointed to read that there's not going to even be a race mode in the iPod release, it's only going to be time trial type challenges. From what I gather though, the reasoning has to do with memory restrictions so I guess it can't be helped. I'd still be interested to give it a go in any case.

Do not buy an iPhone or iPod touch just to play F1 2009. As you said (Later), F1 2009 on iPhone OS is TIme Trial and Average Lap Endurance running only - no racing. F1 2009 (The real version) isn't amazing, but the racing is worth the extra dough.

That said, iPhone Platform is great for games. If you do want an iPhone, or iPod touch, go for it.
Got this for chirstmass - loving it. Controls and feel of driving is very good, sure the graphics aren't great but how important are graphics in a game like this?

Immersion is excellent, and it seems pretty realistic and full on f1 so far, alonso hamilton and rosberg have all notably outpreformed their team mates in quali, the brawns are on the front row by a considerable margin etc.

Fuel loads, tire wear etc are all there, makes for good racing.
Gawd, we got the F1 2009 game for the wii over christmas and for me it's :thumbdown:

I really don't like the physics, and there are too many annoying little things that just annoy the hell out of me. Like pit stops. I was holding my own in 4th at Sliverstone, I pit, it takes 14 seconds, and I come out 14th place. I mean, thats just annoying. The pit stops are terrible, and I lose positions everytime. KERS is annoying. I'd rather it was on none of the cars. Then you get to Monaco, and find out that the cars don't have enough steering angle to get through half the corners :irked:

It has its moments of joy and fun. But then it has those other moments which are just so so annoying.

I'll be going back to rfactor.
I agree on the pitstops, what is UP with them? Had the developers never seen an F1 race? It does not take that long to put fuel in.

And I have to repeat once again, the wear rates on tyres are unrealistically high.

See our F1 related articles too!