FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
I just picked the same as the starting grid, because I have no idea and over thinking what is going to happen in the race has not worked well for me last time round. So a race with no overtaking, no leap frogs or undercuts during pit stops phases would do nicely. So i'm pretty much asking for a boring race :thumbup:

1 Webber
2 Rosberg
3 Hamilton
4 Grosjean
5 Alonso
6 Schumacher
7 Massa
8 Raikkonen
9 Vettel
10 Hulkenberg

I almost did the same thing!! :rofl: You can't go too wrong with that strategy, based on monaco's history :hehe:
1.Webber
2.Hamilton
3.Rosberg
4.Alonso
5.Grosjean
6.Raikkonen
7.Vettel
8.Button
9.Schumacher
10.Massa

I can't actually think anything about what's going to happen so this was kind of randomness with a little of foresee.
So far:

Seven votes for WEBBER to win!
Four votes for HAMILTON to win!
One vote for ROSBERG to win!

Just Andrew, Big Azza, Blackavar, Gladders1980, Jabberwocky and Vlad to vote!
By Big Azza
Hi Everyone! This is my first post in a while with my new busy life. :wavey:

I'm writing only because I've found a bit of time on the train... Watching it at my brothers place tonight!

:thumbup:

There are soooo many things to take into consideration with this race... And even now, I'm still not happy with my predictions.

- I remember in 2008 Hamilton getting a quick start from 3rd on the grid. So I thought that Hamilton should win if Webber starts slowly. However, because of McLaren's unreliability in the pits I don't think it's worth placing my 25-point pick on him. So I'm going with Rosberg, who I expect to be second at the time.
- I have not accounted for the charges from the back of the field. It seems every Monaco race we have one. Maldonado could very well end up in the points but I didn't gamble on it. In 2008 we had Vettel charge from 19th (second last) to finish 5th in his Toro Rosso... last year we saw Alonso replicate something similar in his much faster Ferrari (can you see the message I'm trying to subliminally convey here? :hehe: ) I also think we had Kobayashi last year
- One thing I am counting on it Schumacher's bad luck. It would be just so typical for him to retire when he's had a fairytale start...
- I am also counting on Webber to start poorly.

I think I am starting to see the constant patterns this season...

My picks are:

1. Rosberg
2. Grosjean
3. Hamilton
4. Webber
5. Alonso
6. Vettel
7. Massa
8. Kobayashi
9. Raikkonen
10. Button.

Enjoy the race fellas! :drink:
Another unpredictable race, Grosjean out on lap one messed everything up!

Pending a decision about the Red Bull's legality, the results are as follows.

Frontrunner wins the round with 43 points, geetface9, Scotty, smokin, myownalias, Melon Smasher and elfinitty claimed 25 points for picking Webber for the win!

Overall, Melon Smasher goes top, up two places, Frontrunner up four to fourth place.

Overall Scores: http://www.forumula1pool.com/
Monaco Scores: http://www.forumula1pool.com/?race=MON
I was quite surprised nobody else picked Rosberg for 2nd, Anyway more than happy to take that advantage :D Hopefully the Red bull car is deem legal and we can move on to Canada.
By Big Azza
I called everything right except for Webber's slow start. McLaren appeared to let Hamilton down in the pits and Schumacher retired again.

Poor soul...
I was quite surprised nobody else picked Rosberg for 2nd, Anyway more than happy to take that advantage :D Hopefully the Red bull car is deem legal and we can move on to Canada.

I think a lot of us may still have had the feeling they would drop back during the race, like they have on a fairly consistent basis over the last three years. At least that's what I thought any way :P

See our F1 related articles too!