FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
My view of the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps!

Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix 2016

After the four week break, F1 restarted in anger and I’m late writing my overview of the race, I guess that I am not as big a fan as I used to be. Anyway, I digress, Nico Rosberg was handed an easy win after team mate Lewis Hamilton elected to take three new engines to ease his engine woes for the rest of the season; meaning he started from the back bar one, McLaren’s Fernando Alonso also took grid penalties.

Continue Reading...
Yes, it will be interesting to see what the FIA does about this; either have cumulative penalties like before; or make teams give up the engine they replaced outside of their allotment. Now that it has been deemed acceptable by the lack of action by the governing body, all teams (with the budget to do so) will do the same to gain extra engines.
I agree with your assessment of what Mercedes did with the engines. Isn't that against the spirit of the regs and thus, punishable? Why is nobody protesting this? It's beyond the pale...

They found a loop hole and jumped right through it...
again... isn't that what they are becoming famous for? :twisted:
Ironically enough, all those fans who bitched, complained and accused
Ferrari / Red Bull of doing it have suddenly become conveniently blind...
horribly hard of hearing... and selectively mute...
((and not necessarily in that order...))
I think that all fans are deaf, dumb and blind when it's their team and/or driver benefiting from the loophole. Unless the loophole is closed immediately, expect other teams to do the same if engines become critical for them. It's been the case since the inception of F1 that teams will exploit any and all loopholes available to them, it's the FIA's job to close them!
Yup!!
It's just interesting to note that some fans of the sport, who said they only wanted what was "best for the sport",
don't seem to have a problem with all the "evidence" that's come to light about just how much of a head start
Mercedes had with these turbo engines.

Ah, well...

This too shall pass!! :wavey:
My views of the Verstappen situation and the current state of F1 (this might not be a popular write-up)

Max Verstappen; Aggressive or Dangerous?

Since Dutchman Max Verstappen was promoted to the Red Bull senior team, he has often come under fire for his aggressive driving style which all came to a head at the Belgian Grand Prix last weekend. I believe that Verstappen races hard and pushes the limits; but generally does not exceed those limits. Nothing he did at the Belgian Grand Prix last weekend broke any of the sporting rules and he did nothing that former multiple world champions Schumacher and Senna would not have done. I believe F1 to be a shadow of it’s former self with it’s blame/penalty mentality, hardly anything is just a racing incident.

Continue Reading...
My views of the Verstappen situation and the current state of F1 (this might not be a popular write-up)

I don't have to agree with everything you say/write;
but, I do appreciate the respect with which you do so!!

Thank you!! :thumbup:
My views of the Italian Grand Prix 2016, another relative snoozefest....

Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix 2016

The luck really seems to be with Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg after the mid-season break with a second easy victory on the trot to bring the world drivers championship gap to Lewis Hamilton down to two points. Polesitter Hamilton made it easy for Rosberg with a terrible start exiting the first chicane in 6th place behind Daniel Ricciardo. Both Ferrari’s jumped ahead into second and third place with Sebastian Vettel coming out ahead; while Max Verstappen also made a bad start dropping back to 12th place off the line.

Continue Reading...
My view of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix 2016

The Malaysian Grand Prix could be a pivot point of the season with Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton suffering an engine failure while team mate Nico Rosberg fought back from 17th to third place after being tipped into a spin by the fast starting Ferrari of Sebastian Vettel at turn one on the opening lap of the race.

Continue Reading...
My final write-up of the year for F1 Grand Prix'

Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016

Nico Rosberg sealed the world drivers championship by finishing second to Lewis Hamilton for the fourth consecutive time since his win at the Japanese Grand Prix. While Sebastian Vettel delivered a podium for Ferrari in the final race of the season with a late charge on super-soft tires overtaking both Red Bulls.

Continue Reading...
My views on the first race of the 2017 Formula 1 season...

Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix 2017

The 2017 Formula 1 season kicked off in anger this weekend, and I believe the new regulations have made things worse, with only one bonafide overtake during the whole of the Australian Grand Prix. The race was won by good strategy and the fact that overtaking is very difficult, with the former race leader getting stuck behind a slower car allowing for a change of lead through pure pit-stop strategy.

Continue Reading...
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!