FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
2016 US GP - Taylor Swift edition

Questions to be answered:

Can Taylor Swift save F1 in America?

Will Nico Rosberg keep his act together?

Will Lewis Hamilton get his act together?

Can Ferrari get just one strategy call right?

Can Red Bull factor into the podium again and even maybe spoil the race of at least one of the Merc duo?

Will Trump be doing the post race interviews? Question If Hamilton loses - Lewis was the race rigged?
By overboost
Tire allocations:

Track map:

By darwin dali
2016 US GP - Taylor Swift edition

Will Trump be doing the post race interviews?

No way - he'd be too busy trying to grab Taylor by the puszy.
By overboost
DD, That's definitely a plausible answer to question #6

Could Ricciardo be answering question #5?

By overboost
By overboost
Looks like the fix is on with F1's Trump, Bernie Ecclestone, giving the OK for a Hamilton championship. :thumbdown:

I am sure that Wolff received the message loud and clear including the need for mechanical failures for Rosberg!

"Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes that Nico Rosberg winning this year’s world championship will not be as good for the sport as Lewis Hamilton claiming the title again.

Ecclestone told reporters in Austin, “If Nico won the title it would be good for him and good for Mercedes but it wouldn’t necessarily help the sport because there is nothing to write about him. Even in Germany it wouldn’t help. You need someone like Lewis.”

“It won’t be easy for him to win the title, though. If he wins three or four of the next races he still needs some of the things that happened to him earlier in the season [mechanical retirements] to happen to Nico,” ventured Ecclestone."

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/10/22/ ... t-help-f1/
By overboost
By sagi58
Good thing Ecclestone isn't going to be around forever!!
By darwin dali
Good thing Ecclestone isn't going to be around forever!!

He isn't? :yikes:

:sickman:
By myownalias
I'm just hoping that the Mercedes get a bad start and Ricciardo, Verstappen or both move ahead; otherwise it'll be an easy 1-2 for Mercedes, probably Hamilton winning.
By gdh
Just checking out some forums incl the corvette one that we also discuss F1. Seems many of the LH fanboys are hedging their bets before the race with a potential engine power issue that Merc says doesn't exist. I just hope that it is a good race, would love to see both Merc drivers drink out of Ric's shoe. :rofl::drink:
By overboost
It might be Verstappens shoe as Ricciardo is starting on ssofts and will have to pit quickly while the two Merc's and Verstappen are on the longer lived softs. However watch out at the start as Ricciardo could get a tire aided quicker start and be able to jump the Merc's. Also the two Ferrari's will be on ssofts and could jump forward by the first corner, which could be interesting with Verstappen defending!
By gdh
Great race by Alonzo, loved Vers' comment, I'm not racing for 4th. Watching the podium,Ric is definitely the crowd favourite and another shooey! :rofl:
By Stephen
That was good - Alonso certainly spiced things up (but he'll probably be latterly banned from motorsport for rubbing tyres)! :thumbup:

Great to see Lewis win again - I wish he wouldn't make it look so easy though.

As for Ferrari, what the juddering f*** is going on there? Kimi could have finished on the podium today - instead he's rolling backwards down a hill with a wheel loose. I don't understand why he was originally released (he got the green light) and not met by mechanics when he returned to the pits. :banghead:
By myownalias
Another Mercedes 1-2 *yawn*, at least Ricciardo managed third, shame RB were unlucky with the VSC and the Mercedes getting a free pitstop. Alonso added some added entertainment with his feisty drive to fifth place; although you have to say that he was lucky with the incident with Massa, it could have easily gone the other way.

See our F1 related articles too!