By overboost

By overboost
Vetttel arrives in style:

By overboost
Agressive curbs in Mayaysia practice 1

https://streamable.com/f5v5
By overboost
By overboost
An easy qualifying for Mercedes. Wolff gave the nod to turn up their engines after Q1 and that was that.

By overboost
A fairly eventful race with the Merc's out of contention for a change. Good to see a different team take the 1-2 honours at least once in the season. An excellent drive by Ricciardo.

Vettel it seems has been penalized, not really clear why. He seems to be guilty of getting a great start. Anyway it will be a 3 position grid drop in Suzuka.

The big news is Hamilton's blowing up engine after he seemingly decided to switch strategy and pushed to build a gap. The win was within his grasp, a real heartbreaker. Of course Hamilton immediately decides it was sabotage/conspiracy! :(:thumbdown: What an arse.

"The reigning F1 world champion said afterwards, “My question is to Mercedes. We have so many engines made for drivers, but mine are the only ones failing this year. Someone need to give me some answers because this is not acceptable.”

“We are fighting for the championship and only my engines are failing. It does not sit right with me. I will try and recollect myself and try to get myself together for the race next week.”

“There are many decisive races but this is one of those. Someone doesn’t want me to win this year but I won’t give up. I will keep pushing,” added Hamilton."

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/10/02/ ... -no-no-no/

Last edited by overboost on 02 Oct 16, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.
By gdh
Conspiracy theorists will be in overdrive now. Great recovery to finish 3rd for Rosberg. Fun watching Ric and Max have a go at it. Seems like Vettel is panicking a bit to get a win and putting his car in a precarious position (again).
By overboost
Yes Vettel is trying very hard to get decent results for Ferrari. Results that may not be possible at tis point.

And the conspiracy minded are out in droves. Here is an example of one of the most vapid of the lot:

racechick

Dislikes: 4
Member is Online

Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX
8 hours ago ReplyQuotePost Options Post by racechick on 8 hours ago

I think one of those mechanics that they swapped into his team from Rosberg's team is a spy. And I think he presses an 'engine blow up' button. He did it a few times at the start of the season to give Rosberg a big lead. But still Lewis got back in front. So he did I it again at this crucial race.
Last edited by overboost on 02 Oct 16, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Lauda has responded strongly to Hamiltons assertions of sabotage:

"Mercedes non-executive chairman Niki Lauda has called talk of Mercedes sabotaging Lewis Hamilton's Formula 1 championship hopes "ridiculous and stupid".

Hamilton retired from the lead of the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday with another engine failure, prompting the world champion to declare "something doesn't feel right" about the number of problems he has had compared to the other seven Mercedes-powered cars on the grid.

But Lauda believes those comments have been misinterpreted, with people reading more into Hamilton's words than they should.

"I know Lewis very well, and he will not accuse the team," Lauda told reporters in the Sepang paddock.

"This interpretation I cannot accept. What do you guys think, suddenly we start to sabotage?

"Why? It's completely ridiculous and stupid.

"We work for both cars in the same way. All these questions are ridiculous.""

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126471
By Stephen
Was a good race but I feel for Hamilton - he had had a perfect weekend up until the engine failure and I can understand his mindset. He's on form and just looking to find the thing letting him down - knowing others don't have any failures, let alone his collection of busted equipment, I would be looking for answers too. But he's just 23 points behind Nico despite a torrid year - I still believe he'll win the WDC again.

Great to see the two Redbulls on the podium - enjoyed the celebrations which I hope the FIA don't disapprove of - it's about time they listened to the fans and what we want. Rosberg did well and I felt his punishment was ridiculous (and I say that as a huge Kimi supporter). Talking of Raikkonen, I was impressed again by his pace this weekend - I wonder if that was on Vettel's mind as he stormed into turn one!

A very interesting weekend with some excellent racing...oh and hat tip to McLaren and Palmer. :thumbup:
By sagi58
Goodness gracious... why is it only "sabatoge" when it involves Hamilton?
It's not like he's been a bridesmaid and never a bride... he has two WDCs!!
IF anyone/anything didn't want him to win, he wouldn't have those two!!

sheez... :banghead:
By sagi58
On a different note, you have to tip your hat to Rosberg,
who did a helluva job getting back up to the podium.
Maybe that's what rankles?
By sagi58
Vettel doesn't deserve that penalty, regardless of what the stewards decide.
He was on the inside and Rosberg cut towards him, even though Verstappen
was a hair's breadth behind them.

Watch at 48 seconds, Vettel going into the turn ahead of Verstappen, you can
see Hamilton's car ahead of them, at 49 seconds, Hamilton gets in front of Vettel
and Rosberg tries to squeeze in, too. At 50 seconds, you can see Rosberg's car is
angled in front of Vettel's as his rear tire and Vettel's front left collide.

Surprisingly, Verstappen held back and didn't get into the mix.

[youtube]nkr58xm49d8[/youtube]
By overboost
By 1Lemon
IT'S ALL SABOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVIL NICO IS EVIL HE DESERVES TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I got a bit drawn in by Mercs facebook page. The level of conspiracy is amazing.

See our F1 related articles too!