FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Hi Everyone,

Me and my girlfriend are off to Milan this weekend to watch the Italian GP at Monza. It was a present from her for my birthday so I'm very lucky. I've been reading up as much as I can about the circuit but still have a load of questions and wandering if there is anyone out there that has been before that can help?

We have general admission tickets for Sunday and looking to get the train from central station to Monza then use one of the free shuttle buses to get to the circuit. I understand there's then a bit of a walk to the circuit. I'd like to take in maybe two or three spots during the 2hr race and also try and make it to the podium for the champagne.

1. Would Parabolica entry and exit and one other, maybe Ascari chicane or the straight just after Ascari be a good choice, ending with Parabolica exit towards the end of the race to be close to the track to reach the Podium? Would it be realistic to make all three in the two hours?

2. Which gate would be best to enter the circuit from on arrival or does anyone know which gate the free shuttle buses from Monza station drop you off at? The map here http://f1destinations.com/trackside-ita ... rand-prix/ suggests A, G or F would be good for Parabolica but I've no idea where the shuttles would drop off

3. Once through the gate how do you get around? eg. from inside to outside track or from one side of the inside to the other? Do you have to follow specific paths? Are certain area's out of bounds. I can't tell from the map.

4. Once the race is over where is the gate to get out onto the track and run to the podium?

5. What time would be best to get there on race day?

Thanks,

Grizzly.

See our F1 related articles too!