FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Well, that was boring, a couple of good moves but overall, pretty dull. The start from Max Verstappen was amazing, I bet Daniel Ricciardo was like "what the f**k?" when he saw his team mate drive around the outside of him. Rosberg screwed himself again by failing to even attempt to make the apex at the hairpin crowding Verstappen off track, well deserved penalty in my opinion, almost identical to Austria, the only difference is Verstappen went off track while Hamilton held his ground. Solid drive from Jenson Button for finished 8th, such a shame for Alonso who fell backwards near the end due to having low fuel in the car and having to switch to a super conservative engine mode.

At least the stupid radio rules have been relaxed for the remainder of the season; although I feel it's kinda unfair to the likes of Rosberg and Button who were penalized for illegal radio communication. I would say it would have been better to keep the rule the end of the season and change it for 2017, I'd be pretty pissed if I were Button and Rosberg.
By Bladesman
Steady race for Lewis, he kept everything under control.

There was actually rather a lot of over taking but on that track it never seems spectacular as there are number of ways to overtake at that hairpin. Although Rosberg certainly has his own way to take a corner. :hehe:

Maybe the penalty for Nico was harsh but then when you watch it back he takes too long to turn. According to him this is full lock.

As for the Red Bull's a really good race for them and I don't understand why Rosberg could not attack them despite everything. Lewis said he was just preserving his engine out front so I assume he could have gone much quicker if he wanted to.

The McLarens I thought did rather well and a shame that Alonso was on used tyres at the end plus saving fuel.

Not sure what has gone wrong at Williams they just seem to be going backwards.
By gdh
A nice Sunday drive by Hamilton totally controlling the race as soon as Nico messed up then seemed to give up. So who on the Mercedes team can't count to 5 :rolleyes: Great job by Red Bull showing steady improvements. Will any heads roll at Ferrari over the break? It's a good thing these races are televised Sunday mornings here when they're up against reruns and other crap shows or TSN would drop it like a rock. Hopefully Haas the 2nd half of the season will have some more entertaining racing.
Took the old Corvette out today, tried to emulate the F1 drivers - lift and coast and repeat ... Jeez they must get frustrated during a race. :rofl:
By Bladesman
A nice Sunday drive by Hamilton totally controlling the race as soon as Nico messed up then seemed to give up. So who on the Mercedes team can't count to 5 :rolleyes: Great job by Red Bull showing steady improvements. Will any heads roll at Ferrari over the break? It's a good thing these races are televised Sunday mornings here when they're up against reruns and other crap shows or TSN would drop it like a rock. Hopefully Haas the 2nd half of the season will have some more entertaining racing.
Took the old Corvette out today, tried to emulate the F1 drivers - lift and coast and repeat ... Jeez they must get frustrated during a race. :rofl:

To be fair even I felt sorry for him after that pit stop. Fair enough the penalty was probably fair but for the team not to be able to count 5 seconds is pretty awful. :banghead:

It's usually Lewis that gets the poor pit stops but both of Nico's were rather crap.
By sagi58
Wow... the headlines surely do tell the story of who the "favourite" is!!
ah, well... here's hoping the summer break adds a little spice to second half.

See our F1 related articles too!