FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Bladesman
Ted Kravitz
‏@tedkravitz
Lewis Hamilton's engine went on the blink after Baku.. He's now down to his last 1. He thinks it will mean 2 future races starting from back

https://twitter.com/tedkravitz/status/7 ... 9253608448

And, yet, at Austria, it was his teammate with the grid penalty, isn't that ironic? :eek:

Yes but Lewis will end up having to change engines more than once between now and the end of the season.
By PTRACER
I would hardly say the Nico/Lewis controversy overshadowed the race. It was the icing on the cake for what was otherwise a cracking, eventful Grand Prix :thumbup:

I'd put it down as Nico's way of getting back at Hamilton for the previous times he's been shoved off the track, or had the door slammed on him. Problem is, Nico's "defence" was way more deliberate and not very well thought out, not only because it was so obvious but because he compromised what had otherwise been one of the strongest races (IMO) of his career. Where was it he started, 6th? Yet on strategy he managed to get himself out of the pits ahead of Hamilton, who'd started on pole, ahead of Kimi, ahead of the Red Bulls...
By overboost
Austria was much better than Baku and a lot of fun at the end watching team Merc do their best to take each other out! Unfortunately it wasn't enough and one of the Merc's won yet again.

Generally the strategists had a bad day with only Red Bull / Verstappen running their own race. Ferrari were out to lunch with Raikkonen seemingly shadowing Hamilton and forgetting what was happening behind with the Red Bulls and ultimately sealing Kimi's fate by bringing him out in P6 behind both Red Bulls. Kimi ran a good race though and could have had second if he had 1 more lap. Who knows what they were planning for Vettel but he was loosing huge time to Rosberg before his tire failed. Merc though seemed the most confused on strategy and ended up pitting their drivers against each other in the final laps. Wolff then gets all out of shape with his drivers for doing their thing when his strategy is what was the real issue. Putting their lead driver on the slower strategy was stupid and then stopping him for no reason on lap 54 was a recipe for disaster. Hamilton is at some fault as well for not fighting the call as Vettel did in Baku.

Still Red Bull and Ferrari have no answer for Mercedes and for Ferrari now out of tokens it is now up to the drivers and strategists to step up, especially the strategists. An implosion at Merc would definitely help the racing!
By sagi58
Ted Kravitz
‏@tedkravitz
Lewis Hamilton's engine went on the blink after Baku.. He's now down to his last 1. He thinks it will mean 2 future races starting from back

https://twitter.com/tedkravitz/status/7 ... 9253608448

And, yet, at Austria, it was his teammate with the grid penalty, isn't that ironic? :eek:

Yes but Lewis will end up having to change engines more than once between now and the end of the season.

Sure... but, it's not like Rosberg has any special privileges, is it?
EVERYONE on the grid has to live by the same rules... including Hamilton.
It is what it is!
By sagi58
...Problem is, Nico's "defence" was way more deliberate and not very well thought out...

Probably because that's not his style, eh? :thumbup:
By sagi58
I shall claim poetic license and do a little editing...
... [the imminent] implosion at Merc [will] definitely help the racing!

...only because I'm sure it's only a matter of time! :twisted:
By darwin dali

I'm still waiting for the poetry while fixated on my driver's license...
Maybe I have to rub it? :hehe:
By sagi58

I'm still waiting for the poetry while fixated on my driver's license...
Maybe I have to rub it? :hehe:

Only if you're waiting for...
By overboost

Tobi Grüner ✔ @tgruener
Wolff will meet Hamilton & Rosberg thursday in Brackley to issue last warning. No team order for now. AMuS (German): http://ams.to/mercedes-fight
1:36 PM - 5 Jul 2016

This is great, we get to see more crashes!
By f1boy
Dirty Rosberg should be fired from Mercedes imo.
He is the number 2 driver and that's it.
Germans are all the same. Win at any cost b4stards that they are.

Lewis will win this years driver championship imo.
Dirty Rosberg is looking like a desperate maniac these days. :rolleyes:
By overboost
At twice the salary he needs to win it this year!

Merc though imo is responsible for the crash in Austria with their lack of proper strategy for their drivers. Having made a confrontation likely between their drivers in the late stages Merc should have issued a hold station order to avoid any fireworks and picked up the easy one-two win.
By sagi58
Dirty Rosberg should be fired from Mercedes imo.
He is the number 2 driver and that's it.
Germans are all the same. Win at any cost b4stards that they are.

Lewis will win this years driver championship imo.
Dirty Rosberg is looking like a desperate maniac these days. :rolleyes:

First of all, what you see as being "dirty" in Rosberg's driving is what most Hamilton fans applaud when he's driving that way...
Secondly, Mercedes' policy is that they have TWO EQUAL drivers, do you have inside information to the contrary?...
Your comment about Germans is nothing short of racist, so I can't be bothered to respond to it...
Rosberg looks like a "desperate maniac"? Did you use that same descriptor for Hamilton after lap 1 in Spain? Probably not.
By overboost
Toto wouldn't have to use team orders if he could manage the race strategy better! Wolff is one race to late figuring this out. Amateurs. The good news is that for now they can race each other so we might get to see more Merc crashes.

"Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff says team orders will be imposed if the team find themselves in the same situation they were in at the end of the Austrian Grand Prix.

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg collided on the final lap of the race at the Red Bull Ring as Hamilton attempted to pass his team mate for the lead. Hamilton won but Rosberg slipped to fourth place having incurred damage in the contact with his team mate.

Rosberg was struck by a braking problem in the closing laps of the race which affected him at turn one on the final lap, giving Hamilton his opportunity to attack.

However Wolff told Sky if the same situation happens again Mercedes will call off the racing between their drivers."

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/07/08/m ... io-recurs/

See our F1 related articles too!