FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Exactly. Merc due to its 'diesel' pre combustion can beat the other teams when fuel is the prime controlling factor. They can then use the saved fuel to run their engine at peak power longer than the rest. Easy wins when the rest are driving to a fuel economy delta time for a good part of the race. Take fuel economy out of the equation and the playing field levels out.
By sagi58
After all the mistakes and incidents in qualifying, I got the impression that they weren't anywhere near the limit in the race. F1 has become so much about managing this and managing that and hitting this target and hitting that delta that they're not properly racing them anymore.

Maybe F1 has to stop trying to be politically correct...
first step, rebuild the mystique of being the pinnacle of the sport
instead of pleasing road car manufacturers and giving them a place
to show off their environmentally-friendly technology which has done
little else than castrate the true identity of formula one racing!!

You can thank Mad Max for all of that :wavey:

Also, have you seen sports car racing (e.g. WEC) lately? They're doing hybrid systems, energy recovery, alternative fuels and so on. And you know what? It's less expensive, it has far more relevance to road technology, it's more reliable and more importantly it WORKS.

Considering the overwhelming opinion that Max was mad,
why not turn back the hands of time, so to speak??

Also, I'm not saying there isn't a place or time for everything,
so much as I'm saying we need to make a choice as to what
and where we want F1 to be/go!
Interesting this:

The team said they had programmed one of the engine's modes incorrectly, so it was giving less power when it was intended to give more.

So it seems like he would have still had a problem anyway as he was in the correct engine mode from the start. It was just not programmed correctly and it explains why on the radio towards the end of the race they said to Lewis "Its not something you have done." I thought that was an odd thing to say over the radio and it seemed like it was them admitting it was their fault not his.
By PTRACER
why not turn back the hands of time, so to speak??

Also, I'm not saying there isn't a place or time for everything,
so much as I'm saying we need to make a choice as to what
and where we want F1 to be/go!

'cause they've replaced Max with Napoleon and he's stark-ravin' bonkers an' all.
By sagi58
why not turn back the hands of time, so to speak??...

'cause they've replaced Max with Napoleon and he's stark-ravin' bonkers an' all.

:rofl::thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!