FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Yoruba
Simply put, what is the point of a circuit if it's built to not allow overtaking? Like what is the point of a race if you can't overtake? I just don't get it. Are we fans suppose to rejoice when seeing someone up front just holding up the field and watch a boring procession at these tracks? Even Nascar (which I hate) doesn't have only one lane; they go 5 wide at times.
By sagi58
Greetings!! And, welcome!!

Interesting point of discussion!!

I would imagine that these circuits are the ones where "strategy" is key!
Also, in the case of Monaco, it's probably about the history, the glitz and
all the glamour!
By Yoruba
Thanks. Yeah Monaco I get, yeah history glitz and what not. Also Singapore, spain, baku, russia all make me think they are just there for the teams with good aero and low power...so they can even out the field, at least for lower teams without $$. I don't know, those tracks just make boring races and I'd think the F1 powers that be would take note and realize people wanna see overtakes and not processions anymore.
By sagi58
While those same powers that be (who are on their way to the bank to make substantial deposits)
should reconsider the gimmicks that make for a "show" and allow real racing to be the one and only
reason to watch F1!!
By Yoruba
While those same powers that be (who are on their way to the bank to make substantial deposits)
should reconsider the gimmicks that make for a "show" and allow real racing to be the one and only
reason to watch F1!!

yes, agreed
By overboost
Perhaps Monaco is the one place where Bernie's water sprinkler idea might have merit. The race was only interesting when the track was wet!
By Bladesman
Barcelona is probably one of the worst for that. It's much more suited to MotoGP racing than F1.

Austria is not great for its overtaking either.

See our F1 related articles too!