FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who was the 2016 Monaco GP Driver of the Race?

Hamilton
50%
Ricciardo
8%
Perez
33%
Vettel
No votes
0%
Alonso
8%
Hulkenburg
No votes
0%
Rosberg
No votes
0%
Sainz
No votes
0%
Button
No votes
0%
Massa
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for the most exciting and best performer of the race from the list provided!

Please feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
For me Perez is the obvious choice. Excellent race.
To be robbed of pole like that, yet again circumstances beyond his control, be behind the person who is running away with the title, then be held up for as long as he was, and then finally do something unprecedented, i.e. stay out long enough holding off Riciardo on wets, and then go straight to Ultra softs and still hold him off - AND THIS AIN'T NO ROOKY OVERTAKER, THIS IS RICIARDO.

LEWIS - easily.

And don't forget that he nearly lapped his team mate who had the same car with no specific issues !!!!
Perez for me, great result in a lower top 10 car. Hamilton got lucky in my view, first, Rosberg having issues, allowing him a free pass, then Red Bull screwing up Ricciardo's stop. Not to say he wasn't deserving of the win, but the luck was with the Briton today, without Red Bull's disastrous stop, he would have had a hard time passing Ricciardo on the streets of Monaco.
I went with Ricciardo... He could easily have allowed frustration to dull his ambition;
but, he took the race to Hamilton and did not let up, in spite of that disastrous pit stop!!

Bravo!!
Lewis Hamilton was brilliant, he gambled on staying with the wet tyres to gain track position instead of going for the safe choice of inters. He who dares wins. :thumbup:

True he gambled as it seems like Mercedes wanted him to pit for inter tyres.

Lewis remembered from what happened last year and knew track position is key in Monaco.
myownalias..... what are you smoking bro?..... "Hamilton got lucky in my view, first, Rosberg having issues, allowing him a free pass, then Red Bull screwing up Ricciardo's stop" Er.. NO.
The only issues Rosberg had was that he's wasn't good enough on the day, he's not a true racer, won't take risks in changing conditions. As Checo himself said "Monaco, rain, good drivers will come out on top".
Hamilton was lucky with Ricciardo's delayed pit stop, but he still had to make the call to stay out there, and then hold him off. He had to make up 12 seconds on Ricciardo in the first place to be in the same pit stop window and be able to benefit from the delayed pit stop. That was genius, and racing skills playing a big part !!!!
myownalias..... what are you smoking bro?..... "Hamilton got lucky in my view, first, Rosberg having issues, allowing him a free pass, then Red Bull screwing up Ricciardo's stop" Er.. NO.
The only issues Rosberg had was that he's wasn't good enough on the day, he's not a true racer, won't take risks in changing conditions. As Checo himself said "Monaco, rain, good drivers will come out on top".

At time of writing, the information I had based upon reporting trackside was that Rosberg had a brake issue, not a lack of confidence, given the latest information, I will give you that one.

Hamilton was lucky with Ricciardo's delayed pit stop, but he still had to make the call to stay out there, and then hold him off. He had to make up 12 seconds on Ricciardo in the first place to be in the same pit stop window and be able to benefit from the delayed pit stop. That was genius, and racing skills playing a big part !!!!

Hamilton made up the difference by virtue of Ricciardo's extra stop for Intermediate tires. I'm not saying Lewis' call to stay out of full wets was not inspired and certainly won him the race, it required a bit of luck and he received that luck courtesy of the Red Bull pit crew, Ricciardo would have been well out in front without the pitlane screwup.

Lewis was no-one near fast enough to overtake Ricciardo on track, infact the Red Bull was faster on the day. Sometimes fortune favors the brave and in this case, it did and Lewis claimed victory, he was well worth the win, Red Bull buckled under pressure and Lewis benefited, no-one can dispute that fact.

See our F1 related articles too!