Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Qualification Results:...

1 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’35.417...

My pole prediction time was: 1m35.973!
Off by more than half a second! :banghead:
By sagi58
... Ricci's got the chance to beat him again. He put a great moved him last race, OK Hamilton was damaged , but still a stunner of a move.

Damaged or not, it was the "move of the race"! :clap:
((And, I'm a Ferrari fan, for the record!))
By darwin dali

You suck :P:wink:
By overboost
'Teams' are lowering tire pressures below the minimum specified safe limit is according to Pirelli. I wonder if this is Mercedes illegally playing with the pressures again? They got caught doing this in Spa last year and now seem to have all of a sudden found a half second of performance here in Sochi. Hopefully the 'teams' aren't cutting corners.

""Pirelli has called for Formula 1 to implement live monitoring of tyre data to prevent teams circumventing its minimum starting pressure limits.

Tyre pressures have become a contentious issue in F1 recently, particularly following the rear tyre failure suffered by Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari in the 2015 Belgian Grand Prix.

Pirelli has introduced higher minimum pressure limits as the cars have got quicker, leading some drivers to complain they are too high and adversely affect performance unduly.

Romain Grosjean called the limits "ridiculous" during the recent Chinese GP.

But Pirelli suspects some teams have found ways of forcibly lowering their tyre pressures between the moment checks are made before the formation lap and the actual start of the race.

Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery said live pressure data should be made available while the cars are running to prevent any discrepancies.

"The pressures we give are based on the information we have for the actual race starting pressure," Hembery said.

"The last moment we can take a pressure measurement is before the regrouping [formation] lap.

"The actual pressure used at the start of the race for the majority of teams is marginally higher than last year, so the perception is the pressures have gone up substantially; the reality is they haven't.

"What does that mean? It means some people have found a way of lowering the pressure, or maybe not having the pressure we see at the regrouping point at the start of the race.

"Some teams haven't worked out how they're doing it yet and the reality is we probably don't want people spending money trying to find that advantage.

"The correct solution is we should have a live feed of tyre pressures fed through the data systems, so we can see at any one point what the minimum running pressure is, which is what we are really interested in, to avoid this grey area.

"It's something we could introduce this year, and we believe it would be positive. It is certainly something we want to see for next year.

"Then I think it will be a little bit fairer on everybody, because some teams may not have been able to invest the money or energy into trying to find this area.

"It [live monitoring] is something that has happened in other categories of motorsport."
"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... -clampdown
By Jeffo
Absolute nightmare! I reckon Danni Kivvi had been sharing vodka with Kimi. Hahah. And Danni number one got smashed again. Feckin nightmare!!
And what's going on at Mercedes? You mentioned something about tyres at Spa? Don't remember that? What was that? And what the Aunt Fanny are they doing to Hamilton? Racist buggers!
Sorry, I've had a few beers .
WAYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO! :drink:
By gdh
Loved Toto's response to the Hamilton conspiracists theories and Hamilton's reply about his mechanics struggling. So does that mean if Rosberg had his current mechanics the past 2 seasons he would have 2 WDC crowns? Weren't there Hamilton conspiracy theories at the start of 2014 questioning whether a German team was giving preferential treatment to a German driver. Tis early in the season with lots more drama to unfold.
By overboost
Yes gdh I saw that and having seen the theories among Hamilton's followers cropping up everywhere on line, I thought the 'lunatics' comment was quite timely and appropriate. :thumbup:

Wolff: "Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff says 'conspiracy theorists' accusing his team of deliberately hampering Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton to favour Nico Rosberg are 'lunatics'.

Wolff said social media insinuations that Mercedes had decided to sabotage Hamilton and give Rosberg a free path to the 2016 title needed tackling head on.

"I want to ignore this bunch of lunatics who think we would want to harm a driver who is our driver and who has been a double world champion for us," he said. "He hasn't let us down and we wouldn't let him down."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124061

And then I came across this today, and I would think that Wolff's comments are directly aimed at misguided people such as this who's deep paranoia it seems goes back all the way to 2007! -

"CookinFlat6
Dislikes: 0

Re: 2016 FORMULA 1 RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX
21 hours ago Post by CookinFlat6 on 21 hours ago
Hmmn, interesting times! There is a strong possibility there is an old fashioned F1/Bernie/Max/corrupt fkrs fix on with Lewis the victim. If there was a script to replace Bernies reversed grid to 'spice up' the show how much better could it be? Handicap the stronger Merc driver, allow Ferrari to get between them (as usual Ferrari are too useless to cash in their free passes), its a long season afterall. I wouldnt put it past Bernie and co, not after the gearbox glitch in 2007.

Having said that, it has shaken things up and altho Lewis wont see it that way, it could actually be a win win for him. Firstly its confirmed that the only thing that can beat Lewis is unreliability and team screwups - thats how h got beat by Button in the customised one of 3 year points scoring title. And thats the only way Nico has lead the table in their 3 years together. Lets assume Nico wins and extends his lead, we should see Lewis drop his 'bad luck' and have a level playing field again. All he needs is 6 wins with Nico second to close the gap. This will elevate Lewis much better than a 2015 style straight title lockdown. And we have handicapping in golf, why not in F1? Lewis starts his season next race with no more 'bad luck' and Nico has 43 point had start - that sounds about right

And if Nico actually wins the WDC - that changes things and makes Lewis even greater as he now has a Prost/Senna like rivalry with another WDC, and has another 2 years to win 2 more titles. And I would be happy for Nico to win instead of Seb or Alonslow

All in all I can only see the good in this incredible run of 'bad luck'"
Last edited by overboost on 02 May 16, 00:09, edited 2 times in total.
By gdh
Soooooo, if Maldonato and Rossi were in the Mercedes seats since 2014 would one of them have 2 WDC's and the other 2 second places? If nothing else the conspiracists make for better reading than the supermkt tabloids. Stay tuned for more of As the Turbo Whines. :rofl:
By sagi58

You suck :P:wink:

Or I have high expectations of myself? :P
By sagi58
I guess Vettel being hit by Kvyat means another Cold War?
Or is that WWIII?? :hehe:
By sagi58
 wrote:">Kvyat apologises to Vettel for contact

Daniil Kvyat has apologised to Sebastian Vettel for twice colliding with his rival on the opening lap of Sunday's Russian Grand Prix.

Red Bull's Kvyat first pushed Vettel under braking for Turn 2, before pitching the Ferrari driver into the wall as they ran through Turn 3.

Kvyat took a 10-second stop/go en route to a 15th-place finish, and has been given three penalty points, his fifth of the 12-month period.

"I didn't expect to slow down so much, so I started to press the brake pedal, but there was not much in it and I started to lose control," said Kvyat, as he described the lengthy run down to Turn 2.

"[At Turn 3] I couldn't see what was going on; he [Vettel] slowed down a lot and I didn't have time to react.

"All the mess came from me, I don't feel great, but sometimes these things happen.

"It was probably the messiest Turn 1 in my career and I will learn from it. I apologise to everyone involved and I will learn from it. I think we will talk, it's all we can really do.

"It's easy now to attack me but I don't care about that."

Until that last line, I was starting to feel badly for him.
That line tells me he's not "really" sorry, he's covering himself.
By sagi58
 wrote:">Vettel: Nothing I could have done differently

Sebastian Vettel expressed his frustration over first lap contact at the Russian Grand Prix which left the German driver eliminated at Turn 3.

Vettel was hit by Daniil Kvyat under braking for Turn 2, before the Red Bull driver once again struck his Ferrari rival at Turn 3, the contact pitching Vettel into the barriers.

Vettel voiced his anger via the team radio in the immediate aftermath of the incident as he failed to complete the first lap for the second time in three Grands Prix.

"I think you saw more than me," he told reporters.

"It was fairly clear. I just saw the footage. I got a big hit.

"I was lucky not to spin into Turn 2, but then I got another huge hit [through Turn 3] that turned me around. I couldn't avoid the barriers."

Having been hit at Turn 2, Vettel said he was trying to establish whether his car had sustained damage when he was struck once more.

"I was equally attacking Lewis [Hamilton] into Turn 3," he said.

"I wasn't sure [if the car was damaged], I wanted to get a feel, but then got a big hit.

"I think there's nothing I could have done differently."

Wrong place, wrong time.
Hopefully, the gremlins are satisfied!! :banghead:
By overboost
Absolute nightmare! I reckon Danni Kivvi had been sharing vodka with Kimi. Hahah. And Danni number one got smashed again. Feckin nightmare!!
And what's going on at Mercedes? You mentioned something about tyres at Spa? Don't remember that? What was that? And what the Aunt Fanny are they doing to Hamilton? Racist buggers!
Sorry, I've had a few beers .
WAYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO! :drink:

Hi Jeffo, here is an article on the Spa '15 illegal tire pressures by Merc - http://www.f1technical.net/news/20144. :thumbup:
By overboost
Wolff: "Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff says 'conspiracy theorists' accusing his team of deliberately hampering Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton to favour Nico Rosberg are 'lunatics'.

"I want to ignore this bunch of lunatics who think we would want to harm a driver who is our driver and who has been a double world champion for us," he said. "He hasn't let us down and we wouldn't let him down."

Cookinflat6 has posted a response to being tagged as a lunatic by Wolff. Something to the effect that because Mercedes have been caught out in lacking in integrity fighting the 2017 rules so that means that Wolff can't be believed now thus making Cookin's conspiracy theories true!

The mind of a lunatic.

See our F1 related articles too!