FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
So much hate. Here, have a cookie...

Hate? Really? No opinions, just facts/pictures.
As for cookies, thanks; but, NO thanks! :wink:
That is quite the article 'prost8lytize'. Not much factual info there and the basic premise of comparing Rossi to Hamilton doesn't ring true. Maybe Rossi and Schumacher or Senna might work as they all would have goat credentials. A bit of a fluff/opinion/self promotion piece I think by the writer/interviewee to get herself some attention as she is back again in Moto GP.

Suzi's main point that Hamilton has made F1 a success in USA is just incorrect! Since the first race in Austin, the last two with Hamilton as wdc, attendance there has been dropping each year and for 2016 they have had to turn turn to a Taylor Swift concert to save the USGP. There is no mention of Hamilton on the COTA USGP website and the driver they are using to help sell tickets is Rossi. Her comment, "People in America know Lewis Hamilton but they may not know why they know him.", is hilarious. And that must really sell tickets, Lewis the guy riding on Pharrells coattails or holding his hat.

Anyway thanks for the laugh 'prost-lytize'. :thumbup:
Last edited by overboost on 05 Apr 16, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.
They are at different ends of a sphere in some ways.

Spheres by their nature don't have any ends - you mean spectrum, dumbass :rolleyes:
By sagi58
They are at different ends of a sphere in some ways.

Spheres by their nature don't have any ends - you mean spectrum, dumbass :rolleyes:

:hehe:
Hamilton is doing his homework on his starts. And he is going to read up to one email every day to get it right!

"In an interview with Auto Motor und Sport, Hamilton said: “Everyone has their own way of working. For example, I just sat with my engineer and talked about starting.

“We had gone through some documents [and] I then told him that I had already read [them]. He was surprised. And I replied to him: ‘Just because I have not read it here before your eyes, it does not mean that I do not do my homework.’

“I have not [become a] triple world champion through luck. [or] without reason, [and] I can show that number of race wins.”
Hamilton, who recovered to finish third in last weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix after a Turn 1 clash with Williams driver Valtteri Bottas, described how he prefers to meticulously study each part of his F1 preparation individually before moving onto the next, rather than getting through everything in one go.

He said: “I prepare at home before in my room, or on the flight. I do not like to process a whole book or a whole file in one piece. Maybe I open one e-mail per day [and] then I digest then intensively. Then comes the next.
“[This] is the way I work. I wish people would see more of the technical side. It’s a great feeling when you are sitting with these super intelligent engineers in a room and I can contribute my practical vision to transform all the great ideas of the engineers into something that I can use on the track.”
"

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/04/lewis-hamilton-i-am-not-a-three-time-formula-1-world-champion-by-luck
"Rosberg claimed a comfortable fifth straight victory and leads Hamilton in the standings by 17 points after two races in the new season - not that the reigning champion is unduly worried.

"I actually feel really chilled, to be honest," Hamilton told Sky Sports F1. "Jeez, it is what it is, it's not a big issue."

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... bahrain-gp

Hamilton is 'chill' about losing to his teammate for the win 5 races in a row. Try to imagine his idol Senna having his teammate beating him for the win five races in a row. Then try to imagine him being 'chill' about it!

Imo it is mental holidays and attitude like this that hold Hamilton back from being in the top tier of F1 drivers.
By Snail
Hello, I'm new. Sorry if I'm not up to speck on everything, I've been out of F1 for ages.
I was just wondering who you think the top guys are? I thought it was Hamilton because he usually wins and has won the championship twice in a row. But Vettel seems quite good and Grosjean seems good too but his car isn't quite so good. So who is it you think the top guys are? Do you still think it's Alonso? He used to be good.
Hello Snail!

The odds people rate them like this for China:

Race winner
L Hamilton
11/10
N Rosberg
11/8
S Vettel
6/1
K. Raikkonen
16/1
D Ricciardo
66/1

So pretty even between Hamilton and Rosberg in the best car. Hamilton has slightly better odds to win because he has such a good record at China in spite of losing so many races in a row to Rosberg recently.

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/bett ... 221879257/
A report on the 'Worst Dressed Man in Sport - Lewis Hamilton'

And you were right sagi it was a Jesus Christ medallion he wore with the Arabic traditional garb. See the last slide!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/style/le ... evolution/
By sagi58
Hello, I'm new. Sorry if I'm not up to speck on everything, I've been out of F1 for ages...

:wavey: and Image!!

((p.s. don't worry about how long you've been out of F1,
you probably forgot more than I know!! :wink: ))
Hamilton seen partying away his F1 worries at an all night rave in Miami!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... Miami.html

Video (interesting part at 1:27!) -
http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/ ... 170290.mp4

I have to say I really couldn't care less about what Lewis does off the track, if he chooses to jet around the World partying, then so be it, if it affects his performance on track, so be it, that's his choice. I don't follow Lewis on any social platform, I don't actively look at what he is up to in the media, he's private person, we have no right to condemn him for his lifestyle.

See our F1 related articles too!