FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Vettel had a funny smile on the podium, looked like he was either amused by Nico's behaviour or he was thinking about Lewis 'I'm coming for you next year'.
Would be good to see them fighting it out on equal terms.

He's a cheeky chap with a wicked sense of humor. :hehe:

Yeah, it was probably Nico.
http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2015/11 ... rthday.htm

"As for Seb, maybe he couldn't care less about Instagram or those who accuse him of not caring about promoting the sport but, for sure, he just gained another million fans."
You never know, maybe even two million!

I wouldn't mind if each of them donated a dollar/euro to a worthy cause!!
'Tis the season, y'know? Image
 wrote:">VETTEL TO HAVE 'ALMOST NO VACATION' THIS WINTER

Sebastian Vettel has played down any perception that he will have a long vacation ahead of the start of the 2016 season. The long 19-race calendar for 2015 is over, but an unprecedentedly-long 21-race schedule for 2016 is now already looming.

World champion Lewis Hamilton admitted this week that he has been burning the candle at both ends in 2015, often getting just a few hours sleep before races. "We'll be recording (music) until 1am, then I get up and I'll be driving the next day. It's crazy," he told BBC radio.

But when asked about his holiday plans now that the actual race season is over, Ferrari's Vettel told Bild newspaper: "If you want to hear something exciting, you will have to go to another garage in the paddock. I will have almost no vacation. The winter break gets shorter and shorter every year I am in F1. I will treat myself to a few days break, but the first tests for the new season start already in January," he added. (GMM)
ESPNF1:

Mark Webber believes his ex-Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel is the best driver in Formula One and Renault's Pastor Maldonado is the worst.

Webber spent five years as Vettel's team-mate at Red Bull and was beaten each season by the four-time world champion. He believes Vettel, current champion Lewis Hamilton and McLaren's Fernando Alonso are the best three drivers in F1 today, but named Vettel as the best all-rounder.

"If you're talking Formula One, the good boys always find themselves at the front and the good guys always find themselves in the best cars," Webber was quoted by Wheels Magazine. "Lewis has always been an incredibly fast, naturally gifted guy in all conditions and he's very, very insensitive to tracks and to light rain and drizzle. It's these sorts of things that makes the calibre of a very, very fast and phenomenal driver.

"Someone like Seb, he's very good at the resources, at pulling the whole team together and getting everything around him and filling in his weaknesses. He's exceptional on that front. Fernando, I wouldn't say he's running out of puff, but his motivation I think at the moment is challenged for sure.

"But those three [Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso] are on a very, very, high level. And if I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Sebastian, in terms of pulling the whole juggernaut together and getting the whole team going, which I think he will do at Ferrari shortly.

"He's notoriously consistent and unfortunately I was on the receiving end of a lot of that, but he's pretty handy. Lewis has a little bit more of that mind-management challenge, whereas Sebastian is true to form in the Germanic fashion of that delivery."

Asked who the worst driver in F1 is, Webber replied: "Probably Maldonado. He's out of his depth and just shouldn't be there. He's making up the numbers basically."

:P
Personally, I'd say that Alonso is the best all rounder, however, Vettel has proven me and many others wrong since his move to Maranello.
Vettel wins Race of Champions Cup for the 7th time

VETTEL SINGLE-HANDEDLY WON THE TOURNAMENT WITHOUT A TEAMMATE
JANUARY 22, 2017

Sebastian Vettel added to his lengthy resume by defeating both Kurt and Kyle Busch on Sunday in the finals of the Race of Champions Nation's Cup at Marlins Park in Miami.

Vettel actually took part in the tournament alone when Team Germany teammate Pascal Wehrlein withdrew from the event. The Formula 1 driver was advised by doctors to sit out following a dramatic flip on Saturday during the ROC Tournament.

But this didn’t matter as Vettel single-handedly dismissed the likes Petter Solberg, Tom Kristensen, Jenson Button and David Coulthard in Group Play. Vettel then defeated Team Colombia’s Juan Pablo Montoya and Gabby Chaves in an Ariel Atom and ROC Car, respectively.

He then dispatched Kurt Busch in an Atom and finished off Team USA by defeating Kyle Busch in an RX Lite. The final would have went to a decisive third race had Vettel not swept the Busch brothers.

For Vettel and Team Germany, this was their seventh victory in the Nation’s Cup but first without Michael Schumacher. This was the 28th time the event had taken place but the first time it had been contested on American soil.

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/seba ... ations-cup

See our F1 related articles too!