FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Nate Saunders wrote:">Radio Ga Ga: 'What the f*** is he doing?'

ESPN rounds up the best radio soundbites from the Russian Grand Prix.

"Do I have to let him past?"
"We're just finding out."
"Okay I let him past."

Never one to wait around for advice, Kimi Raikkonen moves over to let Daniel Ricciardo past after using the run-off area at Turn 2 to gain a position.

"This is the slowest the safety car has ever gone, I can't keep the temperature in these tyres."
Lewis Hamilton complains about the speed of the safety car, with a restart approaching and his mirrors full of Ferrari red.

"We are racing Massa until the end."
"I love your sense of humour!"

Fernando Alonso replaces the critical tone from Suzuka with a more tongue-in-cheek reply when McLaren advises him about the Williams of Felipe Massa behind.

"The debris has gone but we've got a very brave Russian on the track."
For the second time in three races, Sebastian Vettel reports on someone who shouldn't be on the track. At least this time it was a marshal.

"I'm doing all I can man. I can't do any more than this."
During his mammoth second stint, Sergio Perez responds to Force India's pit-wall requests by making it clear there's nothing more he could be doing to manage his tyres.

"What the f*** is he doing?"
Valtteri Bottas fumes at Kimi Raikkonen after the Ferrari driver speared him off the track during an optimistic move for third on the final lap.

"I thought he'd seen me when I went there but obviously not."
The Iceman responds.

"Ahhh well done guys! Wow, that was hard - I had no rubber left at all. Very good job guys."
A joyous Perez celebrates after returning Force India to the podium for the first time since the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix.

By sagi58
Nate Saunders wrote:">Radio Ga Ga: 'He's a bit of a nutter, isn't he?'

ESPN rounds up the best radio soundbites from the U.S. Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.

"That guy keeps pushing me off the circuit every time! If that's legal I will do the same next time."

Kimi Raikkonen after being passed by an aggressive Max Verstappen and seeks clarification from the stewards on what he is allowed to do to win the place back.

"Has he got a penalty for the start, Massa?"
"No, he has retired."
"Well, I am not sad about that."

For so long we thought Kimi Raikkonen was king of the race radio but Fernando Alonso's recent efforts are challenging the Finn for that title. Here Alonso shows little sympathy for former Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa after the pair came together at Turn 1 and makes it clear who he thinks was at fault.

"How the f*** did Nico pass us?"

Daniel Ricciardo queries Nico Rosberg's opportunistic overtake after the ending of a Virtual Safety Car period when he appeared to catch the Australian unawares.

"He's a bit of a nutter, isn't he?"

Jenson Button reacts to Carlos Sainz's aggressive driving as the Toro Rosso driver continues his impressive fight through the field.

"I don't know what the hell that was."

Nico Rosberg is at a loss to explain what caused his costly mistake eight laps from the end of the U.S. Grand Prix which allowed Lewis Hamilton to wrap up the title with victory.

"Okay Lewis, I think you've done it mate, we just need to see what Nico does ... That is it! World champion pal! World champion. You've only gone and done it mate!" *Sobbing from Hamilton* "Yeah, I'm feeling pal, I'm feeling it."

Race engineer Peter Bonnington shares an emotional moment with Lewis Hamilton as he tells the Mercedes driver he's become a three-time world champion.

"It's the greatest moment of my life. Thank you guys so much."

Hamilton reflects on emulating his childhood hero Ayrton Senna and takes a moment to thank Mercedes.

By sagi58
Nate Saunders wrote:">Radio Ga Ga: 'Ah f***, we missed the f****** podium'

"Where the hell was he going to go?"

Sebastian Vettel seeths at Daniel Ricciardo after the Red Bull driver gave him a puncture on the inside of Turn 1....

"Seb deserved that, he gave me no room."

....But Ricciardo sees things slightly differently and is no mood to feel sympathy for his former team-mate

"Can I ask why?"

Lewis Hamilton questions why Mercedes wants to bring him in to the pits for a precautionary second stop.

"I think it's the wrong call but I'm coming in."

After a fair bit of persuading Hamilton agrees to come into the pit lane -- but makes it clear he's not happy about it.

"This situation is no good, it could have been at the end of a straight!"

Felipe Nasr vents at Sauber after a brake failure ends his race, something he felt could have put him into harm's way if it had occurred at another point of the circuit.

"He cut you up, gave you no space?"
"Copy. There was no space inside."

Jonathan Eddolls and Valtteri Bottas agree over who was to blame for the Williams driver's collision with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

"Let him by please Seb."
"But I'm quicker than him!"

Being a lap down and in the unfamiliar position of having blue flags being waved in his direction, Sebastian Vettel is upset with a request from Ferrari to let Lewis Hamilton past.

"I crashed, again Turn 7. I'm okay. Sorry guys."
"No problem."
"It is a problem. I did a s*** job today."

Vettel's race continues to get worse and the four-time world champion pins the blame squarely on himself after his race-ending crash at Turn 7.

"Ah f***, we missed the f****** podium."

Despite a fine race to fourth Daniil Kvyat curses the fact it was not rewarded with a podium in Mexico as he finishes two seconds behind Valtteri Bottas.

"Yeaaaahhhhhhh! Really special, really awesome."

Having not won a race since June, Nico Rosberg remembers that special feeling as he crosses the line.

By sagi58
Nate Saunders wrote:">Radio Ga Ga : "Oui, allez la France"

ESPN rounds up the best radio soundbites from race radio at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

"Remember to drink..."
"Not thirsty."

A great one-liner from Valtteri Bottas after being politely reminded about hydration by Williams during Friday practice.

"F--- these Manors are not moving out of the way."

Kimi Raikkonen gets frustrated by the Manors' slow reaction the blue flags being waved in their direction.

"It's a f---ing joke, seriously."

Though he would go on to be the undisputed star of the race, Max Verstappen fumes at Toro Rosso's lack of straight-line speed.

"Can you get me on a different strategy now? It's impossible to overtake."

Lewis Hamilton starts to get frustrated by the sight of the gearbox of his team-mate after finding it difficult to get close enough to overtake.

"Stop speaking to me in the braking zone! If you've got to speak to me you've got a whole straight to do it."

Jenson Button asks McLaren to be a bit more considerate with the timing of their radio communications at the short Interlagos circuit.

"Don't talk anymore."

Despite controlling the race masterfully from the front Nico Rosberg is determined to cut out all distractions as he nears the chequered flag in the closing stages.

"Pensez a notre pays, Romain."
"Oui, allez la France."

After finishing ninth an emotional Romain Grosjean pays tribute to his homeland after the terrorist attacks in Paris on the evening of November 13.

By sagi58
Nate Saunders wrote:">Radio Ga Ga: 'He must really hate me, I don't know what's wrong with him'

ESPN rounds up the best radio soundbites from the 2015 season finale in Abu Dhabi.

"Who was in front of me in the last three corners?"
"Stevens and Grosjean."
"Idiots!"

Fernando Alonso fumes at the driving of Will Stevens and Romain Grosjean after being held up at the final sector during a lap in FP3.

"The plan was to let him through, right?"

Sebastian Vettel has a moment of doubt after moving over to let Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen past him midway through the race.

"I'm a bit busy here!"

Daniil Kvyat responds to a list of instructions from Red Bull with an irritated reminder he has other things to worry about like driving a Formula One car.

"Alonso in front of you, blue flag."
"I mean he must really hate me, I don't know what's wrong with him. I'm losing a second just because of that."

Vettel questions Fernando Alonso's reluctance to let his old car past in Abu Dhabi despite being a lap down, suggesting the Spaniard's hostility towards him was a factor.

"If we do not have a safety car I will retire the car."

Alonso's mindset is probably best explained by this radio message, where he seems willing to throw the towel in on the race and the 2015 season as a whole half a race early. He eventually changed his mind and raced to the finish.

"Strat mode 10, strat mode 10. That's an instruction"

Mercedes' pit wall becomes slightly irritated with Lewis Hamilton during a bizarre exchange of radio messages at the end in an attempt to maintain some form of battle out in front.

"Wonderful guys. Thank you so much for everything we have been through. I'll miss you, I love you, and I do hope we work together again!"

Ever the gentleman, Romain Grosjean signs off his Lotus tenure with a ninth place and a heartfelt message of thanks before his 2016 switch to Haas.

"That was fun, hey? We have a few weaknesses but we know exactly what to do and we can do it guys. It's going to be a long winter -- but a good winter."

Jenson Button signs off McLaren's horrendous 2015 campaign with a battle cry and promises the team the only way is up over the winter.
By sagi58
Nate Saunders wrote:">ESPN rounds up the best radio soundbites from the 2015 season.

"Numero uno is back ... Ferrari is back!"

The men on Ferrari's pit wall remember what winning feels like as they congratulate Sebastian Vettel on his victory at the Malaysian Grand Prix -- the first of three for 2015.

"Ericsson in front. In theory he should let you through."
"Yeah, but he's not a very nice guy."

An absolute belter from Daniil Kvyat about Sauber's Marcus Ericsson after casting doubt over the likelihood of the Swede pulling over and letting him through during a practice session.

"He's a t---, that Verstappen. That was stupid."

Romain Grosjean vents at Toro Rosso rookie Max Verstappen after the teenager drove into the back of him in the closing stages of the Monaco Grand Prix.

"Rub your tummy and pat your head!"

Jenson Button makes light of McLaren's situation after being given a list of instructions to preserve his engine while falling down the order in Singapore.

"Come on, where is these blue flags? Do I have to f------ overtake him or what?"

Kimi Raikkonen gets angry with a Manor hogging the racing line despite having blue flags waved in his direction in the twisty confines of Monte Carlo.

"He pushed me off the track and that's not very nice."

Kimi again, Monaco again, as Daniel Ricciardo shows him you don't have to spend the Monaco Grand Prix staring at another car's gearbox with an aggressive pass.

"Seb deserved that, he gave me no room."

Daniel Ricciardo shows little sympathy for former team-mate Sebastian Vettel after making contact with the Ferrari driver at Turn 1 at Mexico.

"Forza Ferrari, et merci Jules -- cette victoire est pour toi. You will always be in our hearts. We know that sooner or later Jules would have been a part of this team. Grazie, guys."

Vettel offers a poignant tribute to the late Jules Bianchi after winning the Hungarian Grand Prix, just a week after the Frenchman succumbed to the injuries sustained in Japan last year.

"I'm being passed on the straights like GP2. Embarrassing. Very embarrassing."

"GP2 engine! GP2! Aggh!"

Fernando Alonso's slams Honda's power unit during its home race at Suzuka. His rants would earn the Spaniard a very public rebuke from McLaren CEO Ron Dennis.

"It's the greatest moment of my life. Thank you guys so much."

An emotional Lewis Hamilton after winning his third world championship with victory in Austin.

"I mean he must really hate me, I don't know what's wrong with him."

Sebastian Vettel questions the driving of McLaren's Alonso after the Spaniard refuses to immediately yield to blue flags during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

See our F1 related articles too!