FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who was the 2015 Russian GP Driver of the Race?

W06ilton
No votes
0%
Vettel
20%
Perez
40%
Raikkonen
40%
Massa
No votes
0%
Kvyat
No votes
0%
Nasr
No votes
0%
Maldonado
No votes
0%
Button
No votes
0%
Alonso
No votes
0%
Vote for the most exciting and best performer of the race from the list provided!
Obviously it was kimi...
Bottas was caught unaware according to Kimi even though Kimi had tried to pass him there earlier i the race:

“It was racing,” said the Ferrari driver to reporters after the race. “I tried to pass, and unfortunately we end up in this.”

“I tried to overtake,” Raikkonen explained, “I overtook him once before in the race there, and I was catching him through turn three.”

“And then obviously I wasn’t too far [behind] and I thought I’ll try again. Once I decided to try I cannot back off any more. I go there and I’m there but obviously I don’t know if he didn’t see me a all or expect me to go there. I tried to turn as much inside as I could but there was nowhere to go and we collided.”

Bottas disagreed with Raikkonen’s explanation. “I don’t think it was really a racing incident, no,” he said.

“I didn’t see anyone there and I was in front and then someone hits me. Very disappointed, obviously, running third in the last lap and ending up with zero points. Just disappointed.”

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/10/11/r ... collision/
Last edited by overboost on 11 Oct 15, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
He got a bit of luck with Raikkonen's ambitious last lap "overtake" but thought he executed the risky strategy very well and while he defended well for a number of laps didn't do anything too desperate.

Mentions also too Vettel (whose pace in the 2nd half of the race was very strong) and Sainz (excellent drive until his brakes failed considering he was in hospital 24 hours ago) for good drives.
Decided to go with Kimi...

At least he tried, just as others have in the past and will again in future.
Sometimes those calculated risks pay off, sometimes they don't.

At least, no one got hurt!

You wouldn't be saying that if Bottas punted kimi off!

I'd stick Perez up as the best driver, he did a great job on those tires. Sainz and Massa also gained a lot of places in the race they were a close second.

You wouldn't be saying that if Bottas punted kimi off! ...

Maybe not. Then, again, maybe I would.
Granted, I'd be terribly disappointed; but,
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!
C'mon Sagi, Kimi's move was outrageously optimistic at best, his move was equivalent to a kid thinking if he bounces really hard on a trampoline, he'll make it to the moon. I feel Kimi got off incredibly lightly, scoring points while the driver he punted off scored zero. These are professional racing drivers and Kimi is one of the most experienced, "at least he tried" doesn't cut it.
C'mon Sagi, Kimi's move was outrageously optimistic at best, his move was equivalent to a kid thinking if he bounces really hard on a trampoline, he'll make it to the moon...

Ouch!! When you put it "that" way... :eek:
C'mon Sagi, Kimi's move was outrageously optimistic at best, his move was equivalent to a kid thinking if he bounces really hard on a trampoline, he'll make it to the moon...

Plus to say kimi, a man who had his teammate just drive off into the distance, was driver of the race is a bit of a stretch. Surely Vettel did a better job?

Plus to say kimi, a man who had his teammate just drive off into the distance, was driver of the race is a bit of a stretch. Surely Vettel did a better job?

Vettel did do a better job; but, I think Kimi took risks that he didn't.
Just a different view of the world, not necessarily the most popular.
C'mon Sagi, Kimi's move was outrageously optimistic at best, his move was equivalent to a kid thinking if he bounces really hard on a trampoline, he'll make it to the moon. I feel Kimi got off incredibly lightly, scoring points while the driver he punted off scored zero. These are professional racing drivers and Kimi is one of the most experienced, "at least he tried" doesn't cut it.

VL David Greenwood Kimi Raikkonen OK Kimi you gave it your best job, mate.
VL Kimi Raikkonen David Greenwood Yeah I mean, we tried…
VL Maurizio Arrivabene Kimi Raikkonen Kimi good, drive.
VL Kimi Raikkonen David Greenwood I thought that he’s seen me when I went there but obviously not, so…
VL David Greenwood Kimi Raikkonen Understood mate, understood, we know you were racing.
VL Kimi Raikkonen David Greenwood Yeah.

It was good enough for Maurizio!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/10/14/2 ... ranscript/

See our F1 related articles too!