FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Bit annoying that Mercedes won their 2nd constructors championship in the stewards room, but no arguments against Kimi's penalty and to be fair Mercedes would have won it in Austin anyway, it was just a shame we never saw the team celebrate what has been an excellent season for them (although Vettel/Ferrari have kept them honest at times).

Alonso must be a bit annoyed with himself over losing a hard earned point to a penalty for track limits although again I don't see any arguments as he was warned during the race and obviously he didn't take the warning.
By myownalias
A better race, but not really heartstopping racing, although there were a few battles in the midfield that were entertaining and of course the drama of the last lap. Checo Perez surely couldn't have believed his luck when he saw Kimi taking out Valteri. As a Williams fan, I am disappointed for Valteri being punted out through no fault of his own, to say Kimi's dive was optimistic is an understatement. At least the stewards punished him, although I think it was a light penalty, and Williams got some satisfaction with Felipe passing the ailing Kimi before the chequered flag.
By sagi58
Not a "bad" race; but, again, the outcome was pre-ordained.
As was Mercedes winning the title, regardless of Kimi's penalty.
By gdh
Woke up at lap 43, had race running in the background while making brkfst for the family that was home for Thanksgiving. Saw the entire final lap at least.

See our F1 related articles too!