FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who was the 2015 Japanese GP Driver of the Race?

Mercedes W06
33%
Hamilton
No votes
0%
Rosberg
No votes
0%
Vettel
No votes
0%
Raikkonen
No votes
0%
Bottas
No votes
0%
Hulkenburg
No votes
0%
Grosjean
No votes
0%
Maldonado
No votes
0%
Verstappen
67%
Sainz
No votes
0%
Vote for the most talented and best performer of the race from the list provided!
Last edited by overboost on 29 Sep 15, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Yes the W06 is on the list!

And it probably should have been all along as it is the best performer on the track virtually winning all the pole positions and most of the races as long as its drivers can turn the steering wheel. Set the dial for a 10 second gap and it is so.

It is obvious that any of the drivers could be champion in this talented super engined car simply by beating their teammate (very telling that journeyman driver Rosberg would easily a the world champion if Hamilton's finishes were removed).

So my vote goes to the W06 as it is was the best performer on track in Japan with an effortless one-two finish!
Basic confirmation from Nigel Mansell that it is all about the car! Its so easy even a senior citizen could be on the podium in a W06.

http://formulaspy.com/formula-1/formula ... imes-19148

Nigel claims that even he at an old age could match Hamilton's lap time in the W06, with a little practice time of course.

Speaking on BBC Radio as part of the promotion of his new autobiography, Mansell was asked:

" If he had four weeks to practice in Lewis Hamilton’s car, how fast could he drive it and how competitive could he be in a race?

“I’d get very close to his time, if not do an identical time,” said the 62-year-old."
That graph would be closer to being correct if it showed 99 % car and 1% driver. After all Lewis is one of the best of the 'lift and coast' F1 era!
Basic confirmation from Nigel Mansell that it is all about the car! Its so easy even a senior citizen could be on the podium in a W06.

Nigel claims that even he at an old age could match Hamilton's lap time in the W06, with a little practice time of course.

Speaking on BBC Radio as part of the promotion of his new autobiography, Mansell was asked:

" If he had four weeks to practice in Lewis Hamilton’s car, how fast could he drive it and how competitive could he be in a race?

“I’d get very close to his time, if not do an identical time,” said the 62-year-old."

I don't believe that. Mansell would not get within a second of any top driver.

I do think the car has a lot to do with it. Let's face it Will Stevens is more likely to win a race in a Mercedes than Lewis would be in a Manor.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I don't believe that. Mansell would not get within a second of any top driver.

I do think the car has a lot to do with it. Let's face it Will Stevens is more likely to win a race in a Mercedes than Lewis would be in a Manor.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Heck, even DeCesaris could have done it! :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!