FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6

I never heard of a racing driver whose only win was in Japan, or who travels vast distances across the states to race, turning down a top level drive due to the travel. Therefore the point remains that F1 just doesnt have the same kind of appeal as it should have if it was still indisputed top series in the world.

I wouldnt have thought Danica had suddenly decided family and home comforts were more important than her career, or even a lack of opportunity to win, its not like she spent much time winning in any series so far

But I am completely happy for her to use the femininity and body however she wants without attracting the jealous and the bitter. I really have a higher regard for the female of the species to assume that seeing Ms Patrick in a bikini will turn them away from other female role models

But in this one Im sure shes not using her sexuality to create a bad role model for young girls who may want to become mechanics when older

By myownalias
Jean-Eric Vergne, Esteban Gutierrez and Nico Hulkenberg are linked with driving for Haas F1, I think it's unlikely that Hulk will leave a decent team like Force India for a newcomer like Haas, but Vergne and Guitierrez are likely prospects as neither currently have a race seat for this year or next...

Src: http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/08/01/haas ... race-seat/
By darwin dali
There is however, the lure of a close proximity to Ferrari for the Hulk if racing for Haas... :scratchchin:
By Jabberwocky
I think if you where the hulk, you would have to make up your mind about how committed to F1 Haas is.... are they going to be the next Caterham?

On a similar point who is the latest squad start up that has done well?

Ford/jaguar/redbull or is it BAR/Honda/Brawn/Mercedes

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By Stephen
It's a difficult decision to make isn't it - I would predict Haas will always lag behind Ferrari (like Williams do behind Mercedes - or Hamilton at least!). Now would that make Hulks position any better than being at Force India?
By Jabberwocky
You have to think the 1st year they would be behind sauber as well.

By CigarGuy
What's your question?

Haas' power unit will be manufactured by .........
Damn English language! ;)
By darwin dali
What's your question?

Haas' power unit will be manufactured by .........
Damn English language! ;)

That would be correct: they'll be running a Ferrari power unit. Plus get other support from Ferrari as they'll be the Ferrari Jr. team.
By CigarGuy
Ohhhhhh..........uhhhhhhhhhhhh..........paging Sagi. SAGI! Paging SAGI!
By sagi58
Ohhhhhh..........uhhhhhhhhhhhh..........paging Sagi. SAGI! Paging SAGI!

May I help you? :rofl:
By Jabberwocky
I would be suprised if they beat Sauber in the 1st year

By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
The Haas F1 team will announce one of its 2016 drivers on Tuesday in a press conference at its base in Kannapolis, North Carolina.

Haas is set to join the F1 grid next year and its driver line-up has been the source of much speculation. Lotus driver Romain Grosjean is expected to be one of the two and has said in recent weeks that he is satisfied his future is secure.

"I'm happy, in my mind it's all done and you will know soon," Grosjean said on Thursday in Suzuka when asked about his future. "You can always change your mind but as I said I think I'm pretty pleased with my choice."

Ferrari reserve Esteban Guttierez is tipped for the second drive due to the new team's links with Maranello. Haas will run Ferrari engines next year along with as many shared components as is allowed under the regulations.

Both team owner Gene Haas and team principal Guenther Steiner will be in attendance at the announcement.
By sagi58
It's getting close!! :yes:

wrote:">Haas to debut 2016 F1 car on February 21

The new Formula 1 entrant Haas F1 team is planning to roll out their 2016 F1 car on February 21 ahead of the start of pre-season testing in Barcelona (Spain) one day later.

Haas F1 is the first American owned F1 team in the sport since 1986, will be using a car built in Italy by chassis maker Dallara with Ferrari engines and technological support.

Speaking to Sky Sports television, Haas F1 team Principal Günther Steiner confirmed that the team was on timetable with its crash test and car debut before mooting a hesitant launch on February 21.

“It’s only ten weeks, which is not a lot, but the work is going to plan,” Steiner said.

“We are pretty happy, everything seems to come together. The car is the last thing you bring in and the production planning is going well.

“We will start to produce a car in mid-January, we will do the crash test at the beginning of January and then we will start to put one together.

“We will roll it out hopefully the day before the testing starts.”

Haas elected experienced Romain Grosjean and Esteban Gutierrez for debut season.

See our F1 related articles too!