FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By stonemonkey
I see your point Allan, I found the second half of the race bizarre - no rhythm just a lot of mishaps.

I wonder if any of it could be because of emotions this weekend.
By CigarGuy
If you would have told me beforehand that 3 of my 4 McLaren/Lotus cars would have
been 5, 7, and 9, with the two positions separating them both Mercedes, I would have
called you CRAZY!
Driver of the day with absolutely no competition is definitely Alonso, there's no other argument that can be made.

As good as Alonso was, to say he was driver of the day unquestionably is unfair on Vettel. Alonso did well, but he finished 5th as a result of others' errors. Vettel won the race and fully deserved to win the race by not putting a foot wrong.
Two great races in a row there (and tbh, I thought Austria was pretty decent too).

Let's hope the great shows keep coming. :thumbup:
By zurich_allan
Driver of the day with absolutely no competition is definitely Alonso, there's no other argument that can be made.

As good as Alonso was, to say he was driver of the day unquestionably is unfair on Vettel. Alonso did well, but he finished 5th as a result of others' errors. Vettel won the race and fully deserved to win the race by not putting a foot wrong.

See my reply on driver of the day thread. No point in repeating it, and remember I'm speaking from a completely neutral perspective with no bias.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
By sagi58
... on this track where power isn't as important, the likes of Red Bull, Ferrari and Williams could challenge!

Give the man a cigar!!Image
By sagi58
I'll prolly get a huge fat egg in today's pool.

I get there feeling everyone might, except maybe sagi.

:banghead: Went with Rosberg :banghead: for the win and :banghead: Vettel second!! :banghead:
Could have lived with that, if it had been a Ferrari one-two!!

Poor Kimi!!! :crying:
By Stephen
I see your point Allan, I found the second half of the race bizarre - no rhythm just a lot of mishaps.

I wonder if any of it could be because of emotions this weekend.

I would not be surprised - imagine racing fifteen minutes after standing with Jules's family around his crash helmet.
By stonemonkey
Nico (in his video blog) claims the call to the pit was so late that they didn't have time to get the soft tyres ready so they had to fit him with the hard tyres.

Nothing at all to do with him being adamant over the radio that he wanted to be on the harder tyres like Lewis then?
By myownalias
For me it was an exciting race, sadly at this point in the season, mistakes is the only thing making F1 interesting, without the mistakes, it would have been a runaway Mercedes victory again. It was great to see no Mercedes drivers on the podium, Vettel for me was the driver of the race, making that amazing start and maintaining the lead, it is a shame about Raikkonen, it should have been a Ferrari 1-2, but I am not unhappy as both Red Bull's ending up on the podium, shame that Ricciardo tangled with Rosberg near the end, maybe he would have had a chance of catching Vettel and claiming the win as Ricciardo was clearly faster than the cars ahead of him. Of course the overriding theme of the weekend was the passing of Jules Bianchi, R.I.P!
By darwin dali
Nate Saunders, ESPN F1 Assistant Editor

"Ericsson in front. In theory he should let you through."
"Yeah, but he's not a very nice guy."

A radio classic from Daniil Kvyat, who completes the put-down of the season when told Marcus Ericsson should move out of the way of his Red Bull during FP2.

:whip:
By sagi58
Does anyone else remember Kimi having a problem with in MGU-K failure?
Or was it someone else? :confused:
By myownalias
Does anyone else remember Kimi having a problem with in MGU-K failure?
Or was it someone else? :confused:

It's what ultimately caused his retirement after Ferrari brought him in for a reset which dropped him well down the gird... kinda odd call from Ferrari I'd say!

See our F1 related articles too!