FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By myownalias
I can also see moa's point of view that it was a team decision and it therefore should be a team penalty. My counter to that is that the net result if successful would be Hamilton and or Rosberg benefiting from the trick by gaining position over one or both of the Williams cars. Therefore the penalty could be legitimately be applied to the drivers as well.

There are other ways around this; such as the position(s) lost has to be given back on-track, a bit like when a driver gains an advantage by going off-track, the penalty shouldn't apply to just one driver, if both drivers get the same penalties then that could be considered a team penalty.
By stonemonkey
The problem I have with it is that I don'treally see it as that much of a deal as an infringement but i just think it's a daft thing to do and I don't want to see it in racing. A fine or something to the team doesn't mean much but I think penalising the drivers is a bit harsh, particularly if the decision to penalise is made in race where the team may have a valid excuse but can't really argue it's case. Hopefully it will all be clarified how this will be dealt with or just what the penalty is and how it will be applied by the next race.
By sagi58
I wouldn't think you'd even need to have seen the race, I thought it would be obvious who would pick up the penalty since it was overboosts idea on fairness.

In retrospect, I guess it should have been obvious after the above exchange.
But, again, I don't like to assume.

For the record, I agree with MOA, this is a team penalty for playing mind games.

See our F1 related articles too!