36%
8 Exciting - a dramatic finish or an upset
7%
9 Could be the best race of the season
7%
10 One for the Ages!
14%
Rate the British GP.

How was the race through the puddles and rainbows of Silverstone?

Feel free to post your opinion!

The average rating for Austria was 3.6

The average rating for Canada was 3.0
The average rating for Monaco was 6.1
The average rating for Spain was 3.5
The average rating for Bahrain was 6.3
The average rating for China was 4.6
The average rating for Malaysia was 7.8
The average rating for Australia was 4.6
Jesus, no love for Austria and I don't even know why. But nobody can deny how amazing Silverstone was this year. The battles were amazing, the action was basically non-stop and so much was going on, I hardly had time to tweet about it.
I went for option #7, Williams looked good today and were competitive, I think if decisions were made differently, a win could have been on for Williams, but it didn't pan out that way. For me, it was exciting to see the Williams running 1 - 2 for the first third of the race and holding off the Mercedes on merit, nice to see some different race leaders.
I voted it a 7; but, was tempted to make it an 8, as I didn't expect Vettel on the podium!!
I really thought one of the Williams drivers would be there... not necessarily a one-two
finish; but, I honestly thought this was going to be Bottas' win!!

Too bad that didn't happen. It's getting quite boring to hear "how great I am"!!
Might be a little biased being there but I gave it a 9, thought it was a race that had everything (mind games/dummy pitstops, great battles for position, good overtakes and a perfectly timed rain shower - british weather at its best). Also from what I am aware there was no chat on the radio about preserving tyres/fuel and it looked like the front 4 were going almost flat out (other than Rosberg who appeared to be tactically saving tyres for a later push)
How on earth can someone rate it "a procession at the front" did you not see that for nearly half of the race there were 4 cars all within 2 seconds of each other and that Massa lead for 19 laps, Bottas for 1 lap and Hamilton then for the rest of the race.

1st place went to 3rd place, up to 2nd, down to 3rd, up to 1st (-2, +1, -1, +2)
2nd place went to 4th place, up to 3rd, up to 2nd (-2, +1, +1)
3rd place went to 1st, down to 2nd, down to 3rd, down to 4th (+2, -1, -1, -1)
4th place went to 2nd, down to 3rd, down to 4th, down to 5th. (+2, -1, -1, -1)
6th place went from 6th, down to 9th, up to 8th, up to 7th, up to 6th, upto 5th, up to 3rd. (-3, +1, +1, +1, +1, +2)

Doesn't sound like a procession to me...
Might be a little biased being there but I gave it a 9, thought it was a race that had everything (mind games/dummy pitstops, great battles for position, good overtakes and a perfectly timed rain shower - british weather at its best). Also from what I am aware there was no chat on the radio about preserving tyres/fuel and it looked like the front 4 were going almost flat out (other than Rosberg who appeared to be tactically saving tyres for a later push)

Almost sounds like a script for a Hollywood movie, eh? :hehe:
Mercedes were always gong to win. Once in clean air Williams were no match for the Mercs nor were the rest of the field for that matter. There was some decent racing behind the front 4 cars but barring any disasters Mercedes are going to win every week with the rest of field trailing in their wake.
Williams need to oust their strategist!
It could have been a very good race if Williams was up to the task. However they were just out for a Sunday drive and the Merc was able to do its thing once the road was clear.

So an average but memorable race, a 6.

See our F1 related articles too!