FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Maurizio Arrivabene: Good pace, not-so-good weekend

“If we look at the race pace, it was good, but a lot of circumstances occurred which prevented us from getting a better result. Sebastian drove a great race, making up thirteen places from the grid position. The upgraded engine gave us a positive feedback, but the weekend just wasn’t a good one. As for Kimi, he was scheduled for a one-stop race, then we switched to two tire changes when he fell behind Bottas. His spin at the hairpin is something we haven’t fully understood yet, it may be a case of contributory negligence as he said the same thing happened last year. It would be wrong to blame either him or the team in any case. He was pushing hard, too, but some issues slowed him down at some stages in the race. We must remain humble and try not to let the podium slip off from under our feet as it happened this time. We’re still the second strongest team, but we must look ahead instead of behind us”.

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Austrian Grand Prix - Bittersweet qualifying

Spielberg, 20 June – Qualifying for the Austrian Grand Prix left Scuderia Ferrari with mixed feelings. The variable track conditions in Q1 left Kimi Raikkonen unable to post a good timed lap and so the Ferrari man had to settle for the eighteenth fastest time. Sebastian Vettel will start from third on the grid having lapped in 1.08.810, beaten only by the Mercedes duo of Lewis Hamilton (1.08.455) and Nico Rosberg (1.08.655.)

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Kimi Raikkonen: A very bad Saturday, tomorrow we’ll see

Spielberg, 20 June –

“It has been a very bad Saturday and this result will not help us tomorrow. When I went out for my last run in Q1, the team informed me that I could do three timed laps, but then the plan was changed and I did not get the information. Therefore we missed one lap completely and I was knocked out. The point is that I was sent out too late and that cost us a lot. Obviously my starting position is not ideal; we should have been much higher up, I’m sure we could have fought at the front. Tomorrow we should have the speed we need, but you never know what happens in the race. In the first lap it will be better to stay away of problems because there is a much bigger chance of something happening in the first few corners. There is a long straight, but also two corners which can be tricky if you happen to be in the middle of the pack. Then we’ll try to maximize our result. Until now it has been a pretty good weekend, the car is handling well: we’ll try to do our best and see what we can do”.

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Sebastian Vettel: Thank you guys for a great result

Spielberg, 20 June –

“We didn’t deserve the pole position today, but tomorrow is a different day. We have a very good car, we’re very competitive, I feel very good in the car and the pace is good as well. We’ve proven that we can be quick in every session, even if yesterday they have been short ones. For the race we’re not the favorite, but we’ll push hard and try to put some pressure on the Mercedes. I would have loved to split them on the grid, but the gap is still too much at the moment. The position on the grid is great anyway and the race will be long. Normally between Saturday and Sunday we’re able to close the gap a bit, so hopefully the same will happen tomorrow. I believe here it’s important to have the confidence under braking, the two left handed turns in the second and third sector are quite tricky, you need to be happy with the car you’ve got and I am. Strategy for tomorrow has to be defined yet: number of pit stop and maybe safety car can change it, we’ll see. A big thanks to the guy in the garage for the work they did overnight!”.

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Austrian Grand Prix - A complicated afternoon

Vettel fourth, Raikkonen retires

Spielberg, 21 June –This afternoon’s Austrian Grand Prix was a difficult race for Scuderia Ferrari. Kimi Raikkonen was involved in a frightening accident with Fernando Alonso on the opening lap, luckily with neither driver sustaining any injury. Sebastian Vettel was also out of luck: a problem with the left rear wheel nut at his pit stop complicated his race, as his stop was inevitably too long and he rejoined in fourth place. From then on the German chased down Felipe Massa, but despite gradually closing on the Brazilian, the bottom step of the podium eluded him and he had to settle for fourth.

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Arrivabene: Positives to be drawn

Maurizio Arrivabene:

“Which positives can we take from this weekend? Not many, but certainly once more we are aware that Sebastian was the big asset we could get this year, together with a team which is fully committed and now is said to be the second force in the championship. But I’d like us to be the first, and that means we have to commit ourselves beyond what’s possible. We must use whatever we have available and try to get as close as we can to our main competitors, taking advantage of their mistakes. Also, as per the time we lost during Seb’s unfortunate pit stop, we must work with humbleness: because, even if everything had gone well, that wouldn’t have been enough to beat both Mercedes on track. But this only prods us to never give up”.

By sagi58
Vettel is not playing the "blame game", eh!! :clap:

Staff wrote:">Sebastian: Better than it seems to be

Sebastian Vettel:

“The issue during the pit-stop is something that can happen: I had a problem, but generally the guys are the quickest on the pit lane so there’s nobody to blame. We are a team and when you push to the limit these things can occur. I would have preferred to get the trophy for third place of course, but we’ll come back next year with the same objective. The car was very good, I think we made another step ahead and we had a great pace. This is a very short lap so there’s not so much to create, but in the next races there are more high speed corners and we can better show that we’re a bit closer even if today’s result doesn’t show so well. In the last part of the race I’ve tried to stay close to Felipe, but he was very quick on the straights. Today was a bit disappointing because we’ve lost the podium, but I’m sure tomorrow it will be better and we’ll focus on the next race: the team in Maranello is very committed to this and they’re all working hard.”

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Kimi: The accident is already forgotten

Kimi Raikkonen:

“I don’t know exactly what happened before the crash, I had some wheelspin in an unusual place. I was at a quite high speed, suddenly went left and end up there. I did not see anything coming, everything happened very quickly. Unfortunately at that time my race was over, it has been a poor weekend, now we have to think about next one.”

By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Seb praises team effort for today’s pole position

Sebastian Vettel:

“Of course there are no points given today, but for the team, for all of us, this is a fantastic result! We had been waiting for so long for this pole to arrive, not just the team, but myself too. Perhaps I could have aborted the last attempt, but there was no much point in doing so, because I did not know what the others were doing and I felt fantastic, so I pushed to the end. Now I’m looking forward to the race tomorrow, knowing that it will be very difficult and challenging to master all the conditions that you experience in a race. But we are starting from the perfect spot. I wouldn’t mind to pull away at the start, but it’s going to be a very long race. There are so many small decisions you have to take, and it’s easy to focus on the big result and neglect the small details… So we’ll have to focus on tomorrow, because so many things can happen on the way to the chequered flag, with the safety car and so on, as we’ve seen so often in the past. Hopefully we can have the same speed tomorrow, and then it could be a very good day”.
By sagi58
Staff wrote:">Kimi pleased despite unexpected difficulties

Kimi Raikkonen:

“I’m happy to finish third considering the difficult day I’ve had compared to yesterday. I have been struggling all day with the set up of my car, finding the grip and the balance. It was difficult to make the car work as I wanted. We always try to do our best in a race weekend and here it seems to work. Some places seem to favor one team and some others other teams, this time we have been having a pretty ok weekend so far. Our aim is to improve for the race, tomorrow we’ll see how strong our opponents are, we’ll try to do our best and hopefully have a stronger race as a team.”
By LiamCatterson
A reason for us to smile but as a Ferrari fan, I don't want to overdo it. I realise this may be a once in a blue moon situation but it is best to live for this moment whilst we can.
By sagi58
True dat!!

Here's hoping this is the glimmer of light before the dawn!! :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!