0%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
Rate the Austrian GP.

How was the race through the mountains of Austria?

Feel free to post your opinion!

The average rating for Canada was 3.0

The average rating for Monaco was 6.1
The average rating for Spain was 3.5
The average rating for Bahrain was 6.3
The average rating for China was 4.6
The average rating for Malaysia was 7.8
The average rating for Australia was 4.6
Based on the criteria I have voted for 5 but it wasn't a bad race. All drivers were pushing hard without worrying about tyres/fuel and there were some decent battles in the 2nd half of the points - the Massa/Vettel battle late on was decent too!
I went for "Boring, uneventful only livened by mistakes", this might be exacerbated by my apathy for the sport right now, I only watched the highlights and the race seems to drag on. The only thing of note I remember is the Alonso/Raikkonen crash, everything else was just a blur of :zzz:
The drivers were pushing but it was another 2 by 2 for the teams finish.

Nice of Rosberg to win and keep any illusion of a championship alive.

I'll give it a 4.
Gave it a 3.

It was boring, since the winners are almost pre-determined;
but, there were a few mistakes that made the race notable.

Kimi / Alonso crash
Vettel's pit stop

Sigh..... :(
Quite surprised by the negative response here. I actually rather enjoyed it, and went for 6.

Fair enough, I watched the 90 minute highlights show on the BBC, but I found much of the racing entertaining. It was certainly a much better show than Montreal anyway :shrug:
Quite surprised by the negative response here. I actually rather enjoyed it, and went for 6.

Fair enough, I watched the 90 minute highlights show on the BBC, but I found much of the racing entertaining. It was certainly a much better show than Montreal anyway :shrug:

The only thing that saved this race from being another 'Montreal' was the seven laps of safety car. It was still lack lustre though.

Perhaps the race organizers should have the option to call for a safety car period if they see the race turning into a lift and coast snore fest. Or even better we fans could have a safety car vote!
It was poor race tbh. Well done Nico for getting a good start.
McLaren are an embarrassment, Ferrari are losing speed, so Williams looked the best of the rest.
Force India are looking much better too.

Overall, a competelly forgettable race other then the Kimi/Fernando crash at the start.
Nice surroundings in Austria, but I don't think the track works for F1 in it's current form.

Anyway, hoping Silverstone provides a decent show.
Austria was another rather boring race. A three out of ten for me.

Bottas and Maldonado provided the only entertainment with some nifty passing. There was no race at the front with Rosberg controlling the pace and providing an impressive tonking to his much higher paid teammate.

The result of the Austrian GP though does hold some interest for the season as a whole. The overall wdc is tighting up with Rosberg winning three of the last four and closing the gap by 17 points. While Rosberg is improving his form Hamilton seems to be losing some of his. Again the issue of his travels effecting his work was raised in Austria and where Hamilton tried his best to laugh this off the results indicate otherwise. Spin in qually, bad start, mental lapse in the pit exit and being off pace in general.

It is ironic that off potential track habits are providing what may be the only drama in the wdc and in F1 this season. The on track product is definitely lacking in any entertainment value so far.

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-we ... not-p.html

ps. It is also interesting that Hamilton has given up doing any simulator work for the team this season.

See our F1 related articles too!