FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I guess it makes sense, to the teams, for them not to change back!
After all, they've developed their cars/engines to work within the existing
guidelines and moving back would mean more development work!

BUT, choosing the tires they want is an entirely different story!! :wink:
Personally I was really looking forward to seeing refueling return to F1. The current regulations stifle racing in my view, having to use both tyre compounds and having to run within the 100KG of fuel regulations. Drivers having to drive slower to preserve tyres and fuel is not racing in my book, foot to the floor racing, not lift and coast to conserve fuel.
I would be opposed to a regulation forcing refueling. However I would prefer that there be no restrictions on the teams on fueling or tire use. Just let them run the best strategy to get their car to the finish line in the shortest possible time. With the turbos though some sort of limit is needed on max boost or max fuel otherwise the sky is the limit on power.
I would be opposed to a regulation forcing refueling. However I would prefer that there be no restrictions on the teams on fueling or tire use. Just let them run the best strategy to get their car to the finish line in the shortest possible time. With the turbos though some sort of limit is needed on max boost or max fuel otherwise the sky is the limit on power.

Not necessarily: if you overcook the turbo power, the engine won't last and you run into grid penalties real fast :P

I'm not suggesting forcing teams to refuel, if they want to run 100% race distance on a single tank, go right ahead, but generally refueling means faster race time as they can run harder on their tyres because of the weight reduction. I would say a limit on turbo boost or a max horsepower limit would be sensible thing to implement to keep things sensible.

See our F1 related articles too!