FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stevie
So who will win round 4?

Just for fun....(My predictions are in red)

Winner? - Hamilton
Runners Up? - Vettel 2nd, Rosberg 3rd
Best overtakes? - Verstappen and Ricciardo
Biggest controversy? - Something Mercedes-related...
First to crash/retire? - Sergio Perez
'Donkey' of the race - Maldonado...

Thoughts? :)
By 1Lemon
Winner? - Hamilton
Runners Up? - Vettel 2nd, Rosberg 3rd
Best overtakes? - Kimi
Biggest controversy? - Bernie praises Bahrain human rights
First to crash/retire? - Nasr
'Donkey' of the race - Mehri
By Stephen
I worry we're going to see the Mercedes come together again. Just look at the facts:

1. Lewis leads on points - Rosberg needs him to have a failure as he doesn't have an answer for him on track - at the Chinese GP Hamilton was fastest in every session.
2. It's been a week since the last GP where he was convinced Lewis pushed him back into Vettel. Following that race he was absolutely incensed. Remember Spa last year? Despite a month long Summer break Rosberg still held a grudge against Hamilton and, due to this, they came together at Les Combes which ended Lewis's race.
3. Memories of Bahrain 2014 are no doubt fresh in his memory - surely he won't give Lewis such an easy time this year...

So, my prediction is that one or more Mercs won't appear on the podium. :eek:
Winner? - Hamilton
Runners Up? - Vettel and Rosberg
Best overtakes? - Verstappen
Biggest controversy? - We havent had any controversy regarding "interpretation" of the technical rules recently, so I will go for that ;)
First to crash/retire? - Got to be someone powered by Renault, I will go for Kvyat.
'Donkey' of the race - Perez

I worry we're going to see the Mercedes come together again. Just look at the facts:

I wouldn't worry, a Merc collision with Vettel stealing the win as a result would make the championship quite interesting ;)
By overboost

1. Lewis leads on points - Rosberg needs him to have a failure as he doesn't have an answer for him on track - at the Chinese GP Hamilton was fastest in every session.
2. It's been a week since the last GP where he was convinced Lewis pushed him back into Vettel. Following that race he was absolutely incensed. Remember Spa last year? Despite a month long Summer break Rosberg still held a grudge against Hamilton and, due to this, they came together at Les Combes which ended Lewis's race.
3. Memories of Bahrain 2014 are no doubt fresh in his memory - surely he won't give Lewis such an easy time this year...

So, my prediction is that one or more Mercs won't appear on the podium. :eek:

Yes this is a possibility as Toto doesn't seem to be managing his drivers very well.

If Hamilton puts his car on the starting grid at an extreme angle again I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Rosberg does the same towards Hamilton.
If the Mercedes duo were to take each other out, that'll make the race much more interesting for me, let the battle between Ferrari and Williams begin! :-D
By Stevie
If the Mercedes duo were to take each other out, that'll make the race much more interesting for me, let the battle between Ferrari and Williams begin! :-D

Oh hell yes :D:D:D:yes:
I think Nico will have a hard time with Kimi Raikkonen this race, I think Kimi has had a serious talking to, and we've seen this year its like a different Kimi, it could be pride that Seb has just come there and has been the one to win a race for Ferrari and has been on the podium for all races this year outclassing him, and pressure from Arrivabene saying he won't have a contract next year with Ferrari unless he picks up his performance. If a Ferrari of Sebastien is making it to the podium every race that means his also can make it there, so I think he will be pressurising Nico Rosberg for that place, Kimi might either crash or they will collide.

Similarly Sebastien seeing the pressure Lewis and Nico put each other last time round in Bahrain, thinks there is a big chance here to take Hamilton for 1st, so first also they will be a battle when he tries to overtake at the first corner if Lewis can stay in front of him and keep him behind for the first 10 laps Seb will bail out for new tyres Lewis will cover him and get a new set himself, that will be the repeated the second time for a tyre change and it will end with Lewis first and Seb second. However, Mercedes will have to give Lewis preference for tyre change, no stacking Nico Rosberg first then Lewis, but I think they want the win, so Lewis will have preference, the problem with covering Kimi with Nico is they sacrifice first of Lewis, so they can't do that. So they will tell Nico to fight on the track with Kimi, but pit stop preference will be with Lewis.

On podium it will be 1st Lewis, 2nd Seb, 3rd Kimi (if he doesn't crash)/Nico.

See our F1 related articles too!