FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Martin Brundle of Sky F1 said that Nico has been told to become vocal, or reactionary, if you read the articles thats the tip off, and confirming this is what Toto Wolff said 'good for Lewis to go slow and good of Nico to complain" similarly, Niki Lauda "is not surprised at the feud and expects Nico will become more nasty" it seems its true Mercedes have told Nico to come alive somehow, and his chosen to do it post race and they don't seem to mind which ever way he does it. Hopefully Lewis will read the Martin Brundel article as well as the remarks by Toto and Niki Lauda and stay as calm as he has been when he has won the races this year.

Nico Rosberg says Constructive criticism to Lewis presumably and the air is cleared. So hopefully this criticism doesn't go in the head of Lewis and he does his job as well as he has been doing.

I have to say I was very shocked that Nico Rosberg did this in the media because last year he was insistent that the media are bad in the press conference and challenged Lewis if really he said something to the media and Lewis actually needed to clarify what he said to the media, so now why Nico chose to do this publicly was surprising to me, but now with what Brundel said and the remarks of the Mercedes people perhaps it is spin to rock Lewis maybe.
Rather boring race, I have to say, especially when it's only a highlight show :( my heart went out for Verstappen - what a racer, he really deserved to finish well. Great race fr Lewis, really making his team mate look average....solid Ferrari finish.

Shame the whole thing finished under the safety car :banghead:

I just cannot agree with this at all. In the race there were a lot of lengthy competitive battles from start to finish. There was the fight between Red Bull and Sauber, some intra-team rivalries between teammates at virtually every team, Button vs Maldonado (+Alonso), and for the last few laps until the safety car ruined it, it was building to a last lap or two tussle between Vettel and Kimi.

There were multiple overtakes and a couple of contacts between cars.

With the exception of the winning team, there is no justifiable way of saying that the race was boring.

Sure there were good battles - the racing overall this year in the midfield is top notch :clap: but...when the leading cars are driving in a procession to the end it kind of defeats the meaning of a 'race.' It was clear to me that Nico wouldn't catch Lewis and Vettel wouldn't catch Nico...so a bit tedious on that front.

See our F1 related articles too!