FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
... I wish I was watching this epic event LIVE! And I wish I didn't have the surprise spoiled for me a gazillion times...

...We really are in for a cracker of a season... How did Ferrari get all that pace? That is so... un-Ferrari like. They are usually always behind the 8-ball in recent times.

They also had some fantastic pit stops. I also think Alonso would be absolutely kicking himself. Wanted to win another championship before he retires, yet made an absolutely stupid move. There is no way that McLaren will win a title before he retires. And now chances are that Ferrari could win one without him.

I hear you, I hate knowing who won before watching the race, which is why I get up at all hours!!
Mind you, I think this is one race I could watch over and again!!

Ferrari cleaned house, last year!! They were ridiculed by so many who predicted it would take
years and years before the team could gel together and actually challenge!! However, they have.
And, that's all I care about, not about who was right and who was wrong!!

And, I agree with your observations about Alonso!! He put on a brave face, after he retired he
said he was happy with the improvements made by McLare/Honda, thusfar. What else could
he do or say? I feel for him!! He gave Ferrari five years and I'm sure some of his input helped
with this car's development!!
Noooo! Alonso had nothing to do with it! It was Vettel I tell you! Vettel is a wonderkid! He has single-handedly brought the car to the front of the grid. Everything he touches turns to gold and his farts smell like perfume!!!
Noooo! Alonso had nothing to do with it! It was Vettel I tell you! Vettel is a wonderkid! He has single-handedly brought the car to the front of the grid. Everything he touches turns to gold and his farts smell like perfume!!!

:fart:
SV - Big Azza
I can't help but think that this result was a glitch, Malaysia/heat specific, not a trend, but it will make things interesting this season. Mercedes have certainly been rattled by Ferrari's resurgence. But Ferrari can not have made such a significant jump over the course of two weeks.
Congratulations are in order for Ferrari and Herr Vettel! Very well done! If I were Ferrari I'd lock away their strategist, I believe Mercedes are in the market for a new one!
It's possible this was a once-off; but, it's
just as possible that hard work has paid off.
That's not to say that Mercedes aren't going
to still win this; but, hopefully, Ferrari is
going to make them work for it, this time!
I wonder how come BBC/SkyF1 never show the Sunday post-race press conference anymore...anyone else have access to the press conference in video form? I would like to see SV's reactions after his first Ferrari win. :yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!