FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By myownalias
Malaysia was a great, if an unexpected result for Ferrari, clearly Ferrari have got pace this season, I'm just hoping it's not a Malaysia specific thing or Mercedes were limited by tyres, so couldn't turn up the wick and don't disappear into the distance in future races.
By sagi58
...I'm just hoping it's not a Malaysia specific thing or Mercedes were limited by tyres...

Me, too!! I'm sure a lot of us are hoping the same thing!! :yes:
Like Vettel, I'm celebrating "this" win :D ; but, I'm not looking too far into the future!! :thumbup:
As "they" say, each journey starts with one step!!
By overboost
Montezemolo says that the Ferrari resurgence began with the old crew in 2014.

“This is the reward for hard work,” Montezemolo said. “It began on this car in Maranello in February 2014, and was then picked up by those who run the Scuderia now.”

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/03/31/ ... ve-credit/
Last edited by overboost on 03 Apr 15, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Team owner Jarno Trulli prefers Vettel over Alonso and says that Ferrari can now breathe down Mercedes neck.

“Sebastian brought a freshness to the team that had been lost because it did not have the best relationship with Alonso.

“I have worked with Alonso,” Trulli told the Italian newspaper Tuttosport, “and he is difficult to work with. Now as a manager of a team, I would prefer Vettel.”

Trulli admitted, however, that he would never have predicted the race victory in Malaysia for Ferrari and Vettel.

“I would not have bet a penny on it at the start of the season,” said the former Toyota driver. “From here they can start to breath down Mercedes’ neck.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/04/01/ ... ys-trulli/
By sagi58
 wrote:">F1 trio question if Ferrari can keep up winning form

A trio of well-known F1 figures has questioned whether Ferrari can keep up its new winning form. Sebastian Vettel stunned the Sepang paddock by winning on merit last Sunday, despite the Italian team's only recently-ended period of turmoil, and the apparent continuing dominance of reigning world champions Mercedes.

But Mika Hakkinen, a retired former two-time champion, thinks the tyres played a major role in Malaysia. "The compounds selected by Pirelli for Malaysia were much better suited to the Ferrari than the Mercedes," he said in his latest interview for Hermes. "Ferrari will not be a serious threat to Mercedes in every race," Hakkinen predicts, "but at any rate we are not going to see Mercedes dominate in the same way they did last season."

Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko also thinks Ferrari has made obvious gains in the area of its V6 'power unit'. "That is the main reason," he told the Austrian broadcaster Servus TV. "But also the high temperatures in Malaysia, the types of tyres and the race tactics all fitted together just perfectly."

Marko added: "I would not say that Ferrari will be as strong everywhere else as they were in Malaysia. Sepang is also one of Vettel's favourite tracks -- last year, it was the only place he was clearly faster than (Daniel) Ricciardo."

And Valtteri Bottas, a Mercedes-powered Williams driver, also warned that Ferrari's Sepang form should not be taken too seriously. "You have to take into account that the conditions in Malaysia were extreme," he told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat. "It was so hot, and Ferrari seemed to be much better than anyone else in this weather in controlling the tyre degradation. Let's see what they do in China," Bottas added.
By sagi58
I get it, Ferrari has a lot to prove. Vettel has a lot to prove. Kimi has a lot to prove.
But, this "trio" have taken a step in the right direction!! :thumbup:
By LiamCatterson
So I am having the most funniest argument with a noob. I swear he's 7...He is saying Ferrari's engines are always blowing up and we are at the back of the grid :rofl:

Not sure if hes blind or just stupid
By Stephen
So I am having the most funniest argument with a noob. I swear he's 7...He is saying Ferrari's engines are always blowing up and we are at the back of the grid :rofl:

Probably the latter! Not long until China... :thumbup:
By LiamCatterson

Probably the latter! Not long until China... :thumbup:

Well its not like he was a troll. He even contradicted himself several times...I never facepalmed as much as before
By sagi58
...Well its not like he was a troll. He even contradicted himself several times...I never facepalmed as much as before

Sounds like he's trying to wind you up!!
Some people get a kick out of doing that!!
My unsolicited advice? Ignore the comments!! :thumbup:
By sagi58
Laurence Edmondson, ESPNF1 Deputy Editor wrote:">James Allison explains Ferrari's nose design

James Allison has explained the reasons behind Ferrari's long nose design this year and revealed that the team is working on shorter versions as a part of future updates.

From launch it was clear Ferrari had adopted a different philosophy to its nose design than most of its main rivals. Unlike the short noses on the Mercedes, Red Bull and Williams for example, the Ferrari design sees the nose tip extend beyond the front edge of the front wing.

The general thinking among Ferrari's rivals is that the shorter the nose the better and Red Bull is believed to have an even shorter nose in the pipeline which has yet to pass the necessary crash tests to make it to the car. Although the Ferrari appears to be the odd one out among the front runners, Allison explained that the design of the front bulkhead means it is unlikely the nose on the SF15-T will get significantly shorter.

"We will keep working on it, is the honest answer," he said when asked if there were plans for a shorter nose. "There's a few physical limitations, the rules for the crash tests are such that you have to absorb a certain energy without going above a certain G level, and that requires your nose to be a minimum length.

"Where our front bulkhead is makes it rather difficult for us to get a nose that is super-duper short and still pass the crash test. We can go shorter than we are now, but we probably can't go as short as some of the others, but that's one of those things."

Allison said the updates would continue to come thick and fast to the Ferrari as the team aims to consistently challenge Mercedes for wins.

"We're not going to stay conservative, we ae going to be shovelling performance onto the car as quickly as we can find it and make it. There is a bag load in the pipeline at the factory at the moment and that will find its way onto the car as soon as we can. There will be more coming after that, but the aero programme is performing strongly and these are still quite young aero rules, so we can expect more from it.

"Ditto the engine, the whole situation with the tokens means it's a very different situation to last year and, notwithstanding the gains we've made to date, we think we can add a lot more during the year."

By sagi58
:wine:
Laurence Edmondson, ESPNF1 Deputy Editor wrote:">James Allison explains Ferrari's nose design

...Allison said the updates would continue to come thick and fast to the Ferrari as the team aims to consistently challenge Mercedes for wins...

..."the whole situation with the tokens means it's a very different situation to last year and, notwithstanding the gains we've made to date, we think we can add a lot more during the year."

By sagi58
 wrote:">Arrivabene - Target achieved

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Today we ended up where we were supposed to be, so we can say we achieved our target. I never promised we’d be making miracles to anyone. Our strategy was to get as close as possible to Mercedes, getting ready to take advantage of any mistake from them. It was no surprise to see that they were strong. Temperatures were different from Friday’s long runs, and this affected the behavior of the tyres. I am very happy for Kimi and, above all, I’m happy for Seb’s third podium finish in a row. The boys in the garage did a splendid job, today it was easier to get things wrong than to make the right thing. I don’t have the crystal ball and I can’t tell what our competitors will do in the next races. But I do know that we’ll try our best”.

See our F1 related articles too!