FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Vettel P2 :D

Almost stole pole too!

Wonder if there will be words between the Mercedes regarding Rosberg's "block"?

He did return the "favour" just a few minutes later! :wink:
From Team Ferrari's perspective:

wrote:">Malaysian Grand Prix – Qualifying

Sebastian Vettel’s Ferrari will line up on the front row of the grid for tomorrow’s Malaysian Grand Prix, after qualifying second in a session hit by a massive storm. The rain arrived at the Malaysian track towards the end of the second part of the session and that meant Kimi Raikkonen, eleventh at the time in 1.42.173, was unable to make the cut into the top ten. In the delayed final part, the German steered his SF15-T to second, running two sets of intermediate tyres, with a best lap of 1.49.908, splitting the two Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton, who took pole in 1.49.834 and Nico Rosberg third in 1.50.299.

march 27 - qualifying.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Really enjoyed qualifying....first things that came to mind?
1) Nico is clearly struggling - physically to catch Lewis, but also 'psychologically.' Lewis is much more at ease this season.
2) Raikkonen has Webber's bad luck....clearly it's spread!
3) Ferrari can catch Mercedes.

So looking forward to the race - I think we could be in for a treat tomorrow.
Mercedes, one blocks the other one, the other one blocks him back, compromise their second run in Q3, they are each other's worst enemy. :rofl:

If they just concentrate on getting the best time in Q3 they would be P1 and P2, rather than P1 and P3. Lucky Vettel didn't get ahead of them both, maybe their team principal will tell them this fact in the debrief.

I suppose the one that start it is the one who is P3 so he got his punishment already.
That's right Peter. This is from PF1:

"Hamilton and Rosberg appeared to be playing their own little game in the middle of the session as the German initially slowed down to let his team-mate, who was on a flying lap, pass him.

However, instead of pushing for a better time, Hamilton then decided to slow down and probably held Rosberg up in the end.

Asked about it later, Hamilton replied: "I don't really remember.""

Hamilton and Rosberg playing games let the Ferrari split them. I bet that Toto and Niki will 'refresh' Hamilton's memory in the qually debrief.

They won't be impressed with the possibility of a Ferrari leading after the first corner.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/398 ... ood-enough

Last edited by overboost on 28 Mar 15, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Its going to be a long season for Mr. Rosberg.
Actually, I think he's lost his tiny mind...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32070121

Living up to his Barbie nickname! :rolleyes:

Always thought he was a bit of a fanny! :rimshot:

:tumbleweed:

Not nothing? Tough crowd. I'll get me coat.....

:hehe: although that joke doesn't work stateside as fanny means the rear not the front.

Well, he can be an arse sometimes, too, so there :thumbup:
Ferrari was showing they caught up to Mercedes in Practise but I thought Mercedes was hiding some speed with their powerful engines have turned it down but Vettel is having a very good race so far, his tyres are working better than the Mercedes, the hot tarmac is degrading Mercedes tyres and Vettel has been able to capitalise.

Hamilton has changed tyres now, we see maybe he catches up to Vettel and he overtakes him back. All is not lost for Mercedes if they can overtake Vettel, but still the speed is affected in new tyres is not matching what Vettel is producing in the front, I'm thinking some change in the engine speeds of Ferrari or Mercedes, not sure which one of the two. Think back to the 1.8 seconds advantage Mercedes had yes its different track but Ferrari has nullified it completely.

This race is exciting lots of overtakes and compare to Australia its been been very exciting.

Also McLaren speed wasn't so much an issue in the race, they were able to come back in the points. Alonso would have scored in the mid points but he retired with technical issue.
I was kinda expecting Vettel to beat Rosberg but I never expected Ferrari to be winning races this soon, but it's great for the sport overall, I'm no Ferrari fan, but I have to give props to Ferrari for turning it around since 2014's disastrous season. Good display from Toro Rosso's young drivers again, ahead of the better funded sister team Red Bull. Encouraging signs from McLaren, although neither drivers finished, they were definitely faster, Jenson even sounding surprised that he was catching cars.

See our F1 related articles too!