FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
...There was a route i had to take to work for a while with 4 roundabouts in a row and i was going straight across them all, took me a few days to work out and memorise the sequence of left/ right lanes to be in for each one.

We don't have that many roundabouts... In fact, there aren't any in the city;
but, there are a growing number up North in cottage country!
Last edited by sagi58 on 28 Mar 15, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
...There was a route i had to take to work for a while with 4 roundabouts in a row and i was going straight across them all, took me a few days to work out and memorise the sequence of left/ right lanes to be in for each one.

We don't that many roundabouts... In fact, there aren't any in the city;
but, there are a growing number up North in cottage country!

Looks pretty round and circlish to me:D
If I were to go to church my pet peeve would be a church without a roof! Or parking.
5p bag tax and self service checkouts!

Here in the uk we now have a 5p tax on each plastic or paper shopping bag to encourage people to re-use them or invest in something heavier duty to re-use. At the self service checkouts you have to tell the machine how many bags you've used and probably because some people aren't being honest about it the supermarkets around here no longer provide bags at the checkouts and you have to get hold of a shop assistant which isnt always all that easy or quick and ask for bags.
Some of the grocery stores tried that here a couple of years ago but gave up once the customers just went to another chain. One of the main political parties were on a platform of implementing a carbon tax but they were shown the door by the voters and have since dropped any mention of additional taxes.

Just vote against any of these sleazy politicians who are looking for any reason to add fees or taxes! Especially in the name of a good cause like the environment.

I got charged 5p for a paper bag last week. Da fuq!? :eek:

Mcdonalds charge for their paper bags, mind you, there's probably more nutrition in the bag than anything else.

It's not the charge I'm complaining about though, just the inconvenience it's caused at the self serve checkouts.

Mcdonalds charge for their paper bags, mind you, there's probably more nutrition in the bag than anything else.

It's not the charge I'm complaining about though, just the inconvenience it's caused at the self serve checkouts.

I have too much respect for my stomach to eat at McDonalds. :hehe:

Self serve checkouts were invented by the Devil himself - they're so much quicker but they just hate to serve you.

I have too much respect for my stomach to eat at McDonalds. :hehe:

Self serve checkouts were invented by the Devil himself - they're so much quicker but they just hate to serve you.

Some are worse than others, the local co op had post-its stuck all over the machine with instructions and codes to put through various different items and even the staff had difficulty working it out when giving me a hand.

Here in the uk we now have a 5p tax on each plastic or paper shopping bag to encourage people to re-use them or invest in something heavier duty to re-use. At the self service checkouts you have to tell the machine how many bags you've used and probably because some people aren't being honest about it the supermarkets around here no longer provide bags at the checkouts and you have to get hold of a shop assistant which isnt always all that easy or quick and ask for bags.

You have to look for someone to get a bag?? Doesn't that just defeat the purpose of the self-serve check-out??
I mean, you probably go that route because you want to save yourself some time and then you can't get a bag!! :banghead:
While we're on the subject of check-outs, I hate getting into an express line which clearly states "Less Than 12 items" only to find that the person ahead of me has a shopping cart full!! The worst is when the store manager is directing them there because the only other cashier on duty is so slow, the fruits and vegetables are rotting while you're waiting to be served!!
While we're on the subject of check-outs, I hate getting into an express line which clearly states "Less Than 12 items" only to find that the person ahead of me has a shopping cart full!! The worst is when the store manager is directing them there because the only other cashier on duty is so slow, the fruits and vegetables are rotting while you're waiting to be served!!

==> self checkout :wink:

==> self checkout :wink:

They don't have bags! :P

See our F1 related articles too!