FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

As MOA said now is not the time to go to the Scuderia. I'm surprised even Seb went there...

I wonder if Schumi got this same advice? :thumbup:

He may well have done, Ferrari were in the doldrums at the time...
By sagi58
As MOA said now is not the time to go to the Scuderia. I'm surprised even Seb went there...

Here's hoping history repeats itself, at Ferrari! :wink:

Here's hoping history repeats itself, at Ferrari! :wink:

Not to derail the LH support thread, but I doubt that Ferrari will bounce back like they did in the Schumacher era as they don't have the dream team of the mid 00's incl Brawn and Byrne.
By sagi58
Not to derail the LH support thread, but I doubt that Ferrari will bounce back like they did in the Schumacher era as they don't have the dream team of the mid 00's incl Brawn and Byrne.

... :wink: yet!!
Daily Mirror:

Lewis Hamilton "hinted he is just days away from completing the richest British driver deal in Formula One history -- and one of the biggest in the history of the sport," according to Byron Young of the London DAILY MIRROR. Speaking in Kuala Lumpur the world champion said that "he was hopeful of signing on the dotted line before Sunday’s Malaysia race." The 30-year-old is thought to be negotiating a three-year agreement amounting to close to £90M ($134M). It "dwarves the deals done in past decades by Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, James Hunt and even the legendary Sir Jackie Stewart." Only Sebastian Vettel, lured from Red Bull last year by a £35M ($52M) Ferrari mega deal, "is thought to be on more." Hamilton: "It is going back between the lawyers so hopefully it is done before the weekend. That would be great, but if not in due time." Mercedes is thought to have "wanted to sign the Englishman on a five-year deal." It is thought to "have been broken down into a two plus one deal with a get out on both sides after the second season" (DAILY MIRROR, 3/25).
By sagi58
More of the same, from a different source:

wrote:">Hamilton has signed new Mercedes contract until 2018

Lewis Hamilton has now scribbled his name on a new contract beyond 2015, according to a Spanish newspaper. After the reigning world champion said he hopes the deal is "done" this weekend in Malaysia, El Mundo Deportivo said Hamilton has indeed now signed up for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 seasons.

"The official announcement is expected shortly," said correspondent Raymond Blancafort. Until now, rumours of enormous pay demands by Hamilton have coincided with reports the 30-year-old has been in touch with Ferrari, and even recently bought an ultra-rare 'LaFerrari' supercar. Asked by F1's official website if he knows his 'market value', having conducted his own contract negotiations for the first time, Hamilton answered in Malaysia: "I definitely, definitely do."
That's gorgeous Elfie!!! I hadn't seen that one.
That's gorgeous Elfie!!! I hadn't seen that one.

Probably the most travelled dog ever!

Did you see the ones of Raikkonen and young family doing the rounds - I still don't see him as a Dad, mind you I have the same opinion toward myself! :yes:
Lewis Hamilton is in hot water in China for spraying champagne at one of the podium girls at the Chinese Grand Prix.

FORMULA 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton is facing a ban from China over his “sexist” celebration at the nation’s grand prix on Sunday.

Demands are growing that Hamilton not be allowed to return to China after the Mercedes driver sprayed champagne in the face and side of the head of a race hostess on the winner’s podium, according to The Times.

The incident was slammed as “disgrace” and “bullying” in China and by the likes of pressure group Object.

“The photographs appear to show that the woman is not just being splashed, but that the champagne is being very specifically directed into her face, which does not look like a voluntary piece of horseplay on her part,” Object CEO Roz Hardie said.

“If this if the case we think Lewis Hamilton should apologise for his actions and think carefully about how he behaves in the future. For most people, it would be apparent that she is not enjoying it.”

Source: http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport ... 7305719363
By sagi58
Hamilton didn't intend any disrespect, the young woman in question didn't feel disrespected.
Hopefully, that's the end of it, eh?

Nate Saunders wrote:">Lewis Hamilton bemused by Chinese grid girl controversy

Lewis Hamilton was bemused by controversy which arose in China around him spraying a grid girl with champagne during the podium ceremony.

In the days since his victory in Shanghai feminist group Object complained Hamilton had "abused" the grid girl by dousing her with champagne. It labelled his behaviour "selfish and inconsiderate" and demanded an apology from the world champion, despite the fact Hamilton is not the first F1 driver to have sprayed a grid girl or dignitary on a podium before.

When asked about it on Thursday in Bahrain, Hamilton seemed unfazed by the whole issue.

"I hadn't really heard too much about it until today," he said. "Obviously when you arrive you get a debrief as to what has happened during the week, so fortunately for me it has not overshadowed my week. Ultimately it was a great weekend, and generally my actions are through excitement. This is Formula One, the pinnacle of motor sport and I'd just won a grand prix for the team. You should see it was a kind of a fun thing. I would never ever intend to disrespect or try to embarrass someone like that."

The grid girl in question, Liu Siying, was quoted as saying she was not bothered by the incident in local media since the event.

"It lasted for only one or two seconds, and I did not think too much about it at all," she is quoted as saying by Shanghai Daily. "I think some foreign media are more sensitive about the topic compared to local media. I was just told by my employer to stand on the podium, and that's what I did."

Referring to those quotes, Hamilton added: "I don't really know the reasons why people have brought those things up. This is a sport so many love, and the more we show character and fun it reflects how great this sport is, and that's what I try to do. It hasn't affected me, and it's nice to know the lady kind of wrote in [to the paper]. If she had wrote in and said she was really upset then perhaps I would be more concerned."

By sagi58
:clap:

Andrew Benson wrote:">Lewis Hamilton makes pole record in Chinese Grand Prix

...The world champion joins Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher and Juan Manuel Fangio in being the only drivers to score five or more poles at one track...

High five - how Hamilton compares

Driver
Track (pole position total)

Lewis Hamilton
Shanghai (5)

Juan Manuel Fangio
Monza (5)

Ayrton Senna
Imola (8), Adelaide (6), Monza (5), Monaco (5)

Michael Schumacher
Suzuka (8), Barcelona (7), Hungaroring (7), Montreal (6), Sepang (5), Imola (5)

ESPNF1:
It's that damn Lewis Hamilton, he's so hot right now.

How do you relax when you have a 27-point lead in the F1 drivers' championship? Film a cameo for a blockbuster movie sequel, of course.

Just days after winning his third race of the season in Bahrain, Hamilton has been in Rome doing exactly that on the set of Zoolander 2. The world champion was pictured sitting next to actress Olivia Munn during a scene which sees Zoolander (Ben Stiller) and Hansel (Owen Wilson) strut their stuff on a catwalk in the sequel to the 2001 hit film of the same name.

It is no secret Hamilton has an interest in getting involved in the music industry but this will be his first appearance in film. It is unknown whether Hamilton will have a speaking role.

With a slated February 2016 release date it remains to be seen whether the film-makers can bill Hamilton's cameo as that of a two- or three-time Formula One world champion.
Lewis to Ferrari 2017!! watch out finger boy! we coming to shove that finger where the sun don't shine!

:eek: where? :yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!