FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
He agrees with what I said above. Bernies Greed, especially now he has $100 Million whole in his purse to fill he is going to want more.
Here's Buxton with his views on what's wrong with F1..... Nothing ! Well not with the racing, only with the business model. I agree with this article wholeheartedly!

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... /new-coke/

Great article Rc, spot on wrt the racing we see and the politicking/nagging/sh!tting on/greed/milking the golden cow to death

this for me says it all

The lesson is simple. Don’t mess with a product into which people have invested themselves emotionally. The public are not stupid. Don’t treat them like they are.

as far moaning about the noise and speed etc when all its doing is helping those who are ripping the life out of the sport avoid the real fundamental issues - sports in its purest form should be an amateur affair - like the Olympics are meant to be). failing that Sports should be run like a charity, with profits reinvested after all costs.
What Bernie has is a money making business that has been securitised to death, i.e projected future revenues have been pledged to capitalist profiteers in return for enriching 1 guy over and over again. He sells the business, pockets the cash, the new owners realise they cant count on the future income and exit, allowing bernie to buy back and start again

Unfortunately I suspect its just a matter of time before the big players cut out the bernieman and create a new top series where profits are channelled back to the competitors and the hosts and the sport. Maybe without Luca at ferrari selling out the rest of the teams and breaking ranks as usual, maybe this time a breakaway will happen, hopefully before CVC off load their share so they can participate in feeling ripped off when their share turns worthless overnight
A team led breakaway rears it's head every few years, normally around concorde signing time.

The trouble is that the teams will always want what is right for themselves and not what is right for all the teams.

Prize Money... shall we give more money to the top teams or spread it out to the lower teams. I am sure Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull would have a different answer to Caterham/Marussia

What engines should be have? V8's that's what we have in our road cars! Oh but we have small displacement straight 4's in all our road cars.

Etc

Sent using NCC-1701
We know the teams have always been betrayed by a Bernie bribed Ferrari or RBR. The only thing bernie has is the rights to the name F1. If Merc, RBR, Marco, Williams, Mclaren and Force India decided to follow someone like Ross Brawn who stood up and offered a new series called Grand Formula, with a structure where he got paid 20 mill a year but all other profit above that went straight back into the sustenability of the sport what would happen?

As far as rules and regs, look at any other sport, they have a body composed of reps and make rules everyone votes on, no brown envelopes or charlie (apart from FiFa lol)

The guy (Ross or someone with front, balls and contacts) could approach all the iconic racing tracks that cant afford F1 and setup 10 races, then apporach the tv companies and sell rights for half the price, free to air channels would be sniffing, then F1 would be just a holding company for an expensive brand of crap. The FIA would have to go along. Once its obvious all the teams are moving to the new series (more prize money) then the existing hosts would be able to break the FOM contract and sign up for a 5th of the price, if any.

Just remember, in this deal everyone gets more money, everyone, except the owners, but there would be no owners, just Ross Brawn on a salary of 20 mill a year and any excess profits divided out to the teams etc. As far as ownership, when there is no profit no ones uinterested, however it could be a co op, if you enter a team you buy a share from the guy leaving etc

instant 600 mill plus a year goinmg back into the sport

simples
So now we have the small teams spending 500 million a year and the big teams spending a billion

Sent using NCC-1701
Ferrariman, the structure would be a management company that doesn't own the sport but works for the owners - the participant teams. They would be regulated by the FIA.
This would mean each team participating has a share giving a vote whilst they enter a team, if they leave they sell the share to the new guy or back to the pool
The management would negotiate royalties venues etc, and working groups regs etc

The only thing stopping this is the teams need each other so it won't work without Ferrari or RBR, and they were bribed by Bernie to torpedo any breakaway.

Do you see this not working if the teams mentioned above left in unison?
Do you see this not working if the teams mentioned above left in unison?

No, IF it would have happened, it would have happened in 2009 when all teams were in FOTA and had planned to break away. Now if its mentioned it will only be used as a bargaining tool.
But ferrariman, you do know that the reason the breakaway failed and Fota got dismantled was because bernie bribed Luca and RBR rite?

If Merc, RBR, Marco, Williams, Mclaren and Force India decided to follow someone like Ross Brawn who stood up and offered a new series called Grand Formula,

We are now discussing the posibility of the above players not breaking ranks. You might have noticed that I put Marco in there and not Luca, and also suggested someone with presence and respect to do Bernies role

It didnt work last time, but that doesnt mean it wont work next time if the previous reason is fixed :thumbup:
By dimbodroop
FOM's bad directing, FOM's copyright claims, FIA, Unfair rulings, inconsistent rulings, mid-season rule charges, mid-season bans on certain technologies, not enough technological embracing, not enough free to air content, like they should have stuck with the BBC over Sky and should offer online streaming with a pay to watch subscription and also a free version supported by ads and finally Bernie... CVC need to fire him he's bringing far too much negativity into the sport.

I'd prefer a more involved streaming surface. There are times when I wish I could just see the crew's face when an opponent steals the lead. I know I'm asking for a lot, this would require insane amounts of technology. For the time being guess we're stuck with the streaming services the big guns provide us with.

See our F1 related articles too!