FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Actually, overboost makes a good point. What ripped the floor was the tyre disintegrating. I remember watching a race where it happened at the old Hockenheim and Brundle said if you go any faster than 10-20mph you risk shredding the tyre. If that happens its that that destroys the floor, not the puncture itself. That said, if Lewis did that he may have been lapped and out of contention anyway.

But faster can do more damage as while the tyre is intact but punctured it wont damage the car, the damage only starts when it rips/disintegrates and starts flapping around and hitting the floor causing damage.
a more haste, less speed kind of moment.

I suppose it is up to the team/driver to decide what is the best speed to return to the pits, who is to say that even at 10mph it would not of fallen apart like it did.
Actually, overboost makes a good point. What ripped the floor was the tyre disintegrating. I remember watching a race where it happened at the old Hockenheim and Brundle said if you go any faster than 10-20mph you risk shredding the tyre. If that happens its that that destroys the floor, not the puncture itself. That said, if Lewis did that he may have been lapped and out of contention anyway.

But faster can do more damage as while the tyre is intact but punctured it wont damage the car, the damage only starts when it rips/disintegrates and starts flapping around and hitting the floor causing damage.

There are different types of puncture, depending on where and how big the rupture is, sidewall or tread itself or worst the edge. If its a 'slow puncture' type then it's good to drive slow like Brundle said and avoid the rubber de laminating and shredding - the big moment is when there is no longer enough air in the tyre

So, did Lewis' tyre almost instantly START shredding- was the air always gonna disappear - in which case it was just a matter of time on the long lap till damage occurred - meaning your point is absolutely irrelevant

Or

Was it a slow puncture type that could be nursed without de lamination by dropping to 20 mph in which case you might have a point

For overboost to be doing anything other than spewing bias, bianchis type of puncture would have to be identical to Lewis' and Lewis would have to have know in the second after which type of puncture it was

:bs:
Say he slowed to 20mph, that would take 3 minutes to go 1 mile, he had maybe 3 miles to go to get back to the pits, thats 9 minutes to get back to the pits, how many laps could everyone else do in 9 minutes?

If he slowed down that much he'd have no chance of catching anyone, with keeping the speed up he wouldnt fall as far behind and there may be at least a small chance that the damage wouldn't be so detrimental
LOL at haters finding something to hate on "Lewis went too fast back to the pits after his puncture"

Grasping at straws much :bs:
And the same people would be saying he was no good at maths and probabilities for dropping 3 laps behind to preserve a floor that was gonna get damaged anyway once the air had bled from the tyre and it had delaminated and after all the elevation changes at Spa
LOL at haters finding something to hate on "Lewis went too fast back to the pits after his puncture"

just gotta keep fighting them with logic and common sense, on the beaches in the hills etc etc make sure they dont influence those unable or unwilling to think for themselves when it comes to jumping up and saying 'yeah that sounds right, its always Lewis' fault'
Personally, I dont think you can be classed as a hater just for saying he might of caused a bit more damage by going hell for leather with a puncture.

I know that was my first instinct, when I saw him, as well as the ex-f1 driver commentating.

Its ok to question his actions.
Personally, I dont think you can be classed as a hater just for saying he might of caused a bit more damage by going hell for leather with a puncture.

I know that was my first instinct, when I saw him, as well as the ex-f1 driver commentating.

Its ok to question his actions.

There's a big difference between ones first instinct and ones rationalisation afterwards with more time and info available to consider. Big difference between thinking he drove too fast and then working out the options and still blaming him. The original post didn't just say he drive too fast, it said he had a better option which he didn't take, that's just plain daft

Actually a point to be made here is that Hamilton in getting his car back to the pits without his floor intact is in part responsible for zero points being earned. A bit of care in returning and he could have been on for a good 'ol run up the order and grabbed a few points.

Yes he drove too fast but then saying he could have driven much slower and then made up 9 minutes is just blind bias without logic

But it's always the Lewis fans that are so ugh... They're always whinnying about the guy. It's so pathetic. It's okay to question actions, I agree and no one does that more than Lewis' fans. Remember twittergate? His fans were laughed off as being delusional for questioning. The problem I have with questioning the speed in which he got back to the pits is that it's not out of concern. It's about pushing some blame toward Lewis and away from the real issue, his more vengeful than skillful teammate.

But it's always the Lewis fans that are so ugh... They're always whinnying about the guy. It's so pathetic. It's okay to question actions, I agree and no one does that more than Lewis' fans. Remember twittergate? His fans were laughed off as being delusional for questioning. The problem I have with questioning the speed in which he got back to the pits is that it's not out of concern. It's about pushing some blame toward Lewis and away from the real issue, his more vengeful than skillful teammate.

TRUTH. I see this going on all over the web on news sites. The haters are using every which way to make Lewis look like the stupid/not worthy of the WDC this year. The excitement is building for them, seeing *ico now 30 points ahead with few races remaining.
So now its ok to be cunning and slash your competitors tyres.

Fcking joke.

See our F1 related articles too!